Dragon has stopped eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite

Hello, im having a problem with my dragon. It appears he decided to stop eating, and i know that it is winter and he will burmate ( or something like that ). This still worries me though. He mostly eats like a pig but this past week nothing at all. Any reason?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
A fecal is when you take his poop to the vet to see if he has any parasites. I've had two with parasites, the two were Redrock and that was August of 07. Speedy was this last October. They both had pinworm eggs.

If your male has any parasites that can cause problems when they brumate. If they brumate with parasites, they will loose a lot of weight and that's not good during brumation. If they don't have parasites, it's good. Basically, I think your beardie is trying to brumate.

I know it's scarry when they don't eat. That's a part of being a beardie owner, worrying whether there is something to worry about or not. Here is an article that Denise Bushnell wrote about brumation. It will give you a better idea about it. Basically, if a beardie is still a baby and is trying to brumate, there is probably something wrong. Since your's is 2+ years old, as long as there are no parasite issues, he should be fine.
http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/brumation/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom