dragon Escaped

Status
Not open for further replies.

haley7204

I gave my dragons a bath about an hour and a half ago and I came back and one was perched up on my pillow and the other is nowhere to be found. There are two greyhounds in the house and it is a very big house. He always seems to gravitate to his cage but I cannot find him. He is still young and is only about 10 inches. What should I do and Where should I look. Thanks.

Brooke74

Hatchling Member
You should never leave a bearded dragon in a bath alone, or alone in anywhere but their cages for that matter. They need constant supervision otherwise things like this happen. You should check around the room. Under the bed, behind the desk,in a clothing pile etc. As long as one of the dogs didn't snatch him, he is probably sleeping under something. I wish you the best of luck in finding him.

haley7204

Original Poster
Brooke74":frcrljli said:
You should never leave a bearded dragon in a bath alone, or alone in anywhere but their cages for that matter. They need constant supervision otherwise things like this happen. You should check around the room. Under the bed, behind the desk,in a clothing pile etc. As long as one of the dogs didn't snatch him, he is probably sleeping under something. I wish you the best of luck in finding him.

He was in the cage with his cage mate. I had left it open to get some air circulation and had to go eat dinner. The dogs are all asleep right now. I have checked everywhere in my room and the laundry room(including behind the washer/dryer) I am going to check the closet in the hallway next. I was wondering if I should leave a basking light on or put the cricket tank on the floor or something like that. Thanks.

haley7204

Original Poster
Brooke74":1yylyjw4 said:
The box of crickets on the floor may work. Have you found him yet?

No but I have a feeling that he is asleep. He escaped at about bedtime so he probably went somewhere to hide. The problem is the brumution period he is going through and the fact that he will sleep all day if you don't wake him up by tapping him or turning on his light. Thanks for the help.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Make sure to Check behind things and in those snug areas. Someone recently lost a dragon and found it behind the fridge.
Pepper likes to get cozy in the tv cables behind the tv stand when he is wandering around. Good luck finding your dragon.

Be careful when sitting on couches, beds, using blankets etc be sure to check for him first. I would try looking around things that get warm, like tvs, heater vents etc. too. Personally I would put the dogs in a room you are POSITIVE he isn't in untill you find him. good luck, I really hope you find him.

haley7204

Original Poster
Thanks guys. He can't get behind the fridge but the washer and dryer are by my room. Now I will proceed to tear apart my room and closet...again :roll: Wish me luck

Damieboo

Hatchling Member
Look for shadowy, dark corners. I found my dragon under my stove...yes, in between all the coils and pilot lights, the space was maybe 2 inches off the floor :? They can squeeze into very small spaces and once they get cold, nothing will lure them out until they either wander out from hunger or you find them.

haley7204

Original Poster
Oh great...its been like 21 hours since he's been out and most of the house is tile. Do you know if they will try to go back to their cage? He always tries to go back in when he is out but now he won't. Since he is still a juvenile who is semi-shy do you think he would stay close to the area of the house that he knows? He only knows my bedroom and bathroom well but he has seen the other parts of the house while I was walking around with him one me.

Damieboo

Hatchling Member
It's hard to tell, they can get lost so he might explore new areas while he's out. The good part is most of the house is tile, so try to keep all fans/tvs off while you're home in case he moves around, and you might hear his nails click on the tile (though you do have dogs...). Since he's a juvie he's more likely to come out on his own, but keep looking. Good luck!

haley7204

Original Poster
Thank you! I have a log and basking spot out in my room for him but hopefully I will find him...Thanks again for the tips.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
They might try to squeeze behind just about anything. Pepper has tried to get behind his tank, and there is only maybe enough space for his head.

Not sure it works for dragons, since he might be tucked away somewhere, but for lost snakes you can put flour on the floor at thresholds to see if they cross from one room or another. It didn't work for us, since the snake wasn't in the room after all. :roll:

haley7204

Original Poster
Taterbug":357l2fj4 said:
They might try to squeeze behind just about anything. Pepper has tried to get behind his tank, and there is only maybe enough space for his head.

Not sure it works for dragons, since he might be tucked away somewhere, but for lost snakes you can put flour on the floor at thresholds to see if they cross from one room or another. It didn't work for us, since the snake wasn't in the room after all. :roll:

Yeah there are dogs in the house and my room is carpet so the flour won't do too much. I feel like he is still in or near my room but he is still nowhere to be found. He is clocking at about 25 hours missing :(

Tonja

BD.org Addict
did you check between your headboard and mattresses? What about your curtains or any clothes hanging on doorknobs? If you have any stuffed animals in your room check those also, mine love stuffed animals. Ive heard of them getting into dresser drawers by climbing up the back inside of the dresser. Just some things to check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom