Drag-A-Long Harness HELP!!! *SOLVED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
I just got my drag-a-long harness after 4 weeks of waiting and it is pretty cool. I'm having some trouble with it.

• 1. Is the string suppose to go around their neck?
    2. When Dave has it on, he pushes himself with his back legs with his front legs dragging. It seems like the harness goes back a bit. How do I fix this?
    3. Actually there is only two things

The harness is the right size for Dave and Buster.

Thank You.

Gail

BD.org Addict
No, the string does not go around the neck, it goes over the back of the neck. Can you post pictures of your dragons in the harnesses?

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
he's not used to having a harness on him and he doesn't like it.
he is going to try to get out of it. it really doesn't matter what kind you put on him, he'll still react like that.
Tasty Treat still puffs out and will drag herself along the floor.

you need to put it on him everyday for him to get used to it before taking him outside.
and you have to tighten it enough so it doesn't come off, but make sure it isn't too tight that it is hurting him.

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you for the help. I had a feeling that that was what it was. It scared me because it seemed like he couldn't move his legs but he can walk normal. I did get it from them and followed the pictures.
It is a huge struggle to get it on Buster. It took 20 minutes to get it on him. He finally got tired and let me put it on.
Thanks for the help. I will try to update if I have luck. Oh yea. The humidity has been too high to take them out anyways. I'm on the gulf of Mexico so it is humid. The humidity will finally go down to 40% then it rains...

lexus465

Juvie Member
I hope he gets used to is harness soon. But I just have to say that was the cutest and funniest thing I've seen all day! :lol:

We purchased the same red harness for jericho. he freaked out when we put it on him. He opened his mouth so wide, and was flailing his head around trying to get it off. We tried it one other time and decided to try a different kind. I went to the pet store and bought a ferret harness and leash. That worked much better and was a lot easier to put on. Even at it's tightest it wouldn't work for a small beardie, but a full grown adult should be fine. We got it so we could take him camping with us, and when we got there we ended up just letting him roam around without it. We just watched him and kept him in the open grassy area with us. He loved it, and never really wandered anywhere. Good luck with your harness!

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I think Buster is getting close. Yesterday, it took one try to get it on him and only ran, not puffing and hissing. I think I'm getting close. :) :) :)

beardy98

Hatchling Member
I made my own harness yesterday and it works pretty good I have a five foot light dog leash to attach to it. I'll make my own thread and tell how to make one, along with pictures.

We made Yoda A harness using a yellow leather glove we took apart. Soft leather inside and smooth outside. Then a bungie style cord from a jacket two holes and a retractable clip.
20130608_164349_zpsa828deed.jpg

The latest one is like this
20130821_134307_zps48a2cdac.jpg

20130821_134341_zpsa0fb44d6.jpg

Hope these help

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Smart. I tried to make a harness but it never worked. Dave loves the harness. Buster is still working on it.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
I made a harness for Jango out of a suede cowhide elbow patch..

he got it on alittle crooked on the last picture.. but he doesn't give me any problems with putting it on.. he will just sit there for me.. he loves going outside.

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Looks pretty cool. I do like mine. I just had to pick it out and it was ordered. I tried to make one but it was horrible, didn't fit, looked bad, and Dave got out of it easily. I'm not very artistic (my talent is music) so I just left it to the pros. It turned out nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom