Draco got a timer!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally my nights of staying up to turn his light on or jumping out of bed at odd hours ot turn i ton are over!! He officially has a timer....and it scares him too! Hehe i was in the garage when it suddenly went off for the second time (had a malfunction and it went off early so i had to reset it) and his head popped up and he looked at me while shifting about like "WTF MOM" then he looked back up and at me again like "umm you werent even in here!!!" He then went to bed and shoved his butt against the back door like "well you can kiss this". :D next hes getting his new bulb on wednesday! i cant wait for his reaction to a brighter warmer bulb that does it all!

A special thanks to those that pointed me towards a mvb due to the stupidity of the designers of the all living things tanks.....:D

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He was also turning around on his bridge and saw his tail twitching at him...he thought it was a worm and tried to eat it!! Then he was a bit miffed that his two human sisters cackled at his goober move!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Having a timer will be a huge improvement. It will help keep his schedule nice and consistent too. Which MVB did you wind up getting?

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2db3mcux said:
Having a timer will be a huge improvement. It will help keep his schedule nice and consistent too. Which MVB did you wind up getting?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360679203375

i got this one it was the better rated of the ones i had read about by actual keepers. some of the others have been having eye damage problems even with the screen, which, he has.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
since i got the timer we both get better sleep and are both actually not as cranky in the morning.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah the timers are so great to have. Definitely worth having in every setup. The 125w Solar Glo has an optimal output rather close in based on the test results I've read. It should sit about 8-10'' above the basking area to produce a UVI between about 3-5 which is what I usually recommend as a good range to shoot for.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3hp7h5ll said:
Yeah the timers are so great to have. Definitely worth having in every setup. The 125w Solar Glo has an optimal output rather close in based on the test results I've read. It should sit about 8-10'' above the basking area to produce a UVI between about 3-5 which is what I usually recommend as a good range to shoot for.
it is also one of the two you recommended! :D the other one has had some problems with the newer bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom