Down low or up high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Beardie Lovers, moms and dads! We're just days away (fingers crossed) of getting our scaley baby's new Zen! Yay!
Anyways, I've read a lot of conflicting opinions about whether your BD's viv is better for them mentally on the ground down low, or higher up on like a table, counter, stand, ect...

What do you all think? What has been your experience if perhaps you've had them on the ground, then up higher, or the other way around, and how did they react?? ANY input is so greatly appreciated! (SO GLAD I HAVE SOMEWHERE TO ASK THESE THINGS! :) )
BTW our baby's 40 G tank is on a 4+ foot counter right now, so moving Baby BD to the ground will be an extra change on top of the new viv, just thought maybe that would be useful info

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It is less stressful for them if they are up at eye level as you set down. 32" to 36" is optimum for the bottom of the viv to the floor.
You see, dragons have a natural fear of things (predators) coming from overhead, at this height they are able to relax and, see everything around them (they love being in the middle of the action). On the floor, they will be in constant fear of thing sneaking up and, startling them. Also being up higher keeps them out of reach of cats and, dogs better than being readily available to them on the floor.
These are just a few reasons NOT to keep them on the floor.....there are more.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also the temp --- floors tend to have drafts and usually cooler -- so if your in a cold climate I would not recommend the floor--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom