Double Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinaann

Welll....today my boyfriend and I went to the pet store to buy crickets and such, and as we were looking in the reptile section we saw a beautiful beardie. Well we ended up bringing him home with us and so now we have 2 little dragons. We were going to build a double tank stand so that my turtle can go on the bottom of the stand and my beardie can go on top. But now that we have 2 beardies and we gotta build a double enclosure. I am very new to DIY stuff and I am lost on what to do. We are already going to build a basic stand with 2x4s and particle board. Now I am trying to figure out what the best thing to do for my beardies. I have some questions

How big of an enclosure does an adult bearded dragon need?
Should I build two full size enclosures or build one and split it and build another when they are too big?
Stackable enclosures or side by side?
How did YOU build your enclosure?

sorry for all the questions I am just trying to figure out what to do any answers or advice is greatly appreciated!

JeffSimpson

Juvie Member
rinaann":1zgt4y6d said:
How big of an enclosure does an adult bearded dragon need? - Generally recommended size is 4x2x2.
Should I build two full size enclosures or build one and split it and build another when they are too big? This will depend on how much space you have, based on how big the tank is. Most people suggest you should keep them separated at all times (except for breeding).
Stackable enclosures or side by side? Again, depends on how much space you have to devote to the enclosure... as long as you can reach the top, either would be fine.
How did YOU build your enclosure? With plywood and screws. :D

sorry for all the questions I am just trying to figure out what to do any answers or advice is greatly appreciated!

gulum

Sub-Adult Member
JeffSimpson":199hacr1 said:
rinaann":199hacr1 said:
How big of an enclosure does an adult bearded dragon need? - Generally recommended size is 4x2x2.Minimum - my boy has a 6x3x2 and even that seems a bit small
Should I build two full size enclosures or build one and split it and build another when they are too big? This will depend on how much space you have, based on how big the tank is. Most people suggest you should keep them separated at all times (except for breeding).Being little beardies giving them half the space each is alright, many owners do this as to large an enclosure can frighten them
Stackable enclosures or side by side? Again, depends on how much space you have to devote to the enclosure... as long as you can reach the top, either would be fine.This is a personal preference. If you have comfortable access to both go for it. My top enclosure sits at about eye level for me (im around 6ft) so it works terrifically for me. Another thing to consider is the enclosure/stand materials and build. My melamine enclosure was heavier than i thought so its important to make sure the stack can support all the weight.
How did YOU build your enclosure? With plywood and screws. :D Melamine, Tasmanian Oak, Glass + other bits and pieces :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom