dog got an outside lizard, not a beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic

Juvie Member
My friend just called me to tell me her dog got to a lizard that was outside. We live in San Dieg, CA (Southern CA) and I'm assuming it's the typical lizards you see running around. Anyway her dog bit it and it's harldy moving and breathing but still alive. I had her wrap him up in a warm blanket until I get off of work in an hour then she's bringing him to my house. Any recommendations? I have some extra tanks and heat lamps I can put him in until he improves and can go back outside. Only thing I can think of is baths and dark greens. Should I put anyhting in with the bath water for his wounds? Anything else to help the little guy? I'll post more info once she comes over and I see him.

-James

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
how bad is he hurt?? i wouldent get to attached these things tend to turn out very bad. i hope somone comes along soon to help because i have no idea the only hurt animals we have helped are bunnies that my cat brings home. :roll:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Unfortunately on lizards that small, they don't stand a very good chance at making it. His survival rate will depend on where his bites were & if there are any internal injuries present. If it is just his tail, then, he may have a good chance.
As far as the bathwater, you can add a little bit of betadine to help clean out any wounds. Once you get him, please upload some pictures so we can help try to identify the lizard. It might be a western fence lizard, perhaps, they are very common there.
Some antibiotic ointment can be used topically as well.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom