Does your beardie liked to be pet? If so, where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaaeee

I recently purchased a baby beardie from Petsmart (07/27/12), so I'm unsure about his age. I've found that he's extremely skiddish when being held, but when I stroke the back of his head down to his shoulder, he usually closes the eye on the side of his face that I'm stroking and relaxes his body against my palm. Does this mean he's enjoying it?

Do you're beardies enjoy a good run down? If so where are their favorite spots?

LoveMy4BeardieGals

Hatchling Member
My 4 ladies LOVE to be held and pet. They also LOVE to snuggle and cuddle. Mine like to be pet down their back, on their chin, down their tails, and LOVE the top of their head which always puts them to sleep. Same thing with my monitor, he LOVES to have his head rubbed when we snuggle. He passes right out!

Yaaeee

Original Poster
That's so cute. I was unsure if they were a pet me type of pet. I didn't want to bug him by continually stroking his scales lol.

I can't WAIT for my Mushu to be like that. I wish he liked to snuggle lol. He's more of a "Okay, shes not looking" & *Takes off running* kind of guy aha. :lol: Tonight Im putting a T-shirt of mine into his tank as a snuggle bed, hopefully then he'll associate me with snuggling & sleeping.

Momswims1

Juvie Member
All three of mine love to be petted on their beards, their heads down to their tails, bellies, etc. They will nudge my finger for more if I stop. Or close their eyes and lean in. So sweet. It is a bit more challenging with the scaly one, who is the tiniest one.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Myah loves her head pet. :love5: She's good with the feet too but heaven help you if you touch her tail! LOL! :lol:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Mine seems to love under his chin lightly stroked, his chest, legs and head..but heaven help you if you touch his tail..he whips it really well and it stings

Yaaeee

Original Poster
So I'm guessing ya unofficial beardie law to avoid the tail for safety concerns aha :lol:

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
max loves his head rubbed right between his eyes..and oddly enough hes good with the tail and everywhere guess i got lucky when i bought him from a little girl who just coudlnt handle two of them max was her favorite and he got to get out more than the other one scout did max never hits with his tail unless its on accident to keep better balance he does however spike me and will hiss at the boyfriend ..which is awsome! because the boyfriend screams max turns all happy to when he screams, luckily i have taught the boyfriend that max is all talk and wont bite he just likes to act tough to scare him

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Jango loves his head petted, along with his ears, under his beard, down his back and his chest.. he don't care much for his tail being touched.. when I do he looks at me like "you're touching the tail mom.. stop touching the tail.." LOL.

Yaaeee

Original Poster
I tried to pet Mushu's tail and got a complete death stare :lol: I've never seen him glare the way he did. It was almost has if he couldn't believe I had the balls to do it!

I was hoping I'd get lucky and have the dragon who loved his tail touched :cry: ; Could be because its possibly shedding atm. I'll keep practicing.

jsnsan

Juvie Member
I never knew they didn't like their tails pet. I always pet Saphiras tail. Never thought twice about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom