Does this all sound right for a baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
6 week is pretty small, you can always cut them in half and feed it to him'her with tongs if they are too big.

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay thank you! I think I am going to be able to feed him the smaller ones, and i'll just pick out the bigger, thicker ones. :lol: Thanks for all of the help! I'll get the pictures of him when I get him :)

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SpacialCoogs":3h8j3hab said:
Make another Beardie Tales post so I can follow your little guy. :D

Heck yeah I will! I can't wait to watch him grow and become big. I have a list of milestones like first hornworm and first superworm haha. Speaking of, when are hornworms okay to feed? I know even the smaller ones are still kinda big. Iv tried looking around for that answer but can't really seem to find it

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SpacialCoogs":1l01o8ac said:
They're huge! I'd wait until an adult.

That's what I was thinking haha. Oh man Tuesday can NOT come any faster!

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Would it be better to feed him at 9:20 am and then again at 3:30ish pm, or at 9:20 and 7:30ish pm. His lights go off at 9:30 pm and on at 8am. The 7:30 second feeding would be better for me but I can make the 3:30 work. Just depends on what's best for the beardie! Also, i'm looking into star names for him :) Names like Pollox or Sirius

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hornworms can be ordered very small size, small enough for a 7-8" dragon. The problem is that they grow VERY fast, esp. at room temp. and can get to adult size in about 2 weeks. They're also very expensive, for most people they are not worth paying for until your dragon is a big guy and you get a whole meal out of one worm.

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3a8lfpgx said:
Hornworms can be ordered very small size, small enough for a 7-8" dragon. The problem is that they grow VERY fast, esp. at room temp. and can get to adult size in about 2 weeks. They're also very expensive, for most people they are not worth paying for until your dragon is a big guy and you get a whole meal out of one worm.

okay yeah that makes sense. My local petsmart sells them for $4 a worm which is ridiculous

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SpacialCoogs":31uaxojt said:
1 more night!

I get him around 6:30pm tomorrow :) So what times do you think I should feed him? I explained my two options a couple posts above.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Well they need 1.5 to 2 hours to properly digest after a big meal. I've never had a baby that small but I'd probably move it to 6:30 so there's lots of time for digestion and pre-bedtime cuddles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom