does my beardie have parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3HUNNA

I just got an adult male bearded dragon, and have had him a couple days. For the past few days, i have fed him squash and greens, and today some crickets from petco. Today when i had him out, he took a giant ****, with a disgusting sound, and it was really big, runny, and smelled awful. There were also these weird white things in it, but they looked to big to be parasites, but im still concerned. Does this sound like parasites, maybe he just has diarrhea? or maybe just stress from moving?

I have a fecal sample in a container in my fridge in case it might be parasites. Does this sound like parasites? and if so what should i do?

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
If it's a white mass that comes out at the beginning of the poop and looks about the same as the rest without colour, that's normal. It might also be hard and chalky when broken if he's dehydrated.
It's called a urate, and it's the reptile and bird equivalent of pee.

If his poop is super stinky (keeping in mind that poop is supposed to smell anyway), he might have an issue with too much of the natural bacteria in his tummy or parasites, but that can only be determined by a fecal exam.
It might be extra runny because of the squash, it always softens things up in my guys, too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom