Does it hurt bearded dragons when their toes are bent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
Dude always sits in wierd positions, and sometimes his toes will be bent underneath his hand, or off to the side.
Is that normal? It seems painful.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
It is normal.
Sometimes I look at my dragons doing that and it bothers me (not them LOL) so I open their enclosure(s) and fix their foot. They always look at me like "Do you have any idea how long it took me to get my foot that way?!" :shock:

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":3jrhwk3o said:
It is normal.
Sometimes I look at my dragons doing that and it bothers me (not them LOL) so I open their enclosure(s) and fix their foot. They always look at me like "Do you have any idea how long it took me to get my foot that way?!" :shock:

Haha, he always gives me weird looks when I fix his toes too. Maybe they don't have as many nerves in their toes? :p
So many unexplainable things about bearded dragons, you have to love them. :p

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I am the same way. It doesnt bother them but it does bother me, and I always fix it when I see it. lol

johnny123

Hatchling Member
Very noticeable I thought maybe mbd was starting with my older dragon but good news it's normal for em.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Beardednoob":1ul6raws said:
It is normal.

:lol: Basil bends his toes up in wierd ways sometimes, and when I fix it he acts like I was bothering him :eek:

Ezra does this all the time, especially when he's being cranky about getting a bath. It bothers me much more than him, so I'll correct it and he'll stare at me like I'm a crazy person, which, of course, I am. :{D

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
dylan freaks me out when he bends his toes..... now that i know its normal i might feel better seeing them bent..... not likely tho lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kpurlett
Top Bottom