Bent Dragon Tail

ZeroTheDragon

Beardie name(s)
Zero
My partner and I got our first bearded dragon Saturday, we are unsure if they are male or female but we did decide to call them Zero! We were told Zero is four months old. We noticed when we brought him home Saturday that the tip of their tail is bent. It does not seem to be effecting them as they is still eating normally (more so crickets than collard greens), they are pooping normally, and super active (running around his tank, climbing, basking in their 100w lamp). And he let me hold him today!:) However, it does look like they are about to start shedding due to the gray on their tail and the rubbing of the face on the heat rock. The more I look at his tail the more concerned I become, I would love some advice on this issue! Thank you!:)

Tail 2.jpg

Full bod.jpg
Scanner Tail.jpg
Fancy Leg.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My partner and I got our first bearded dragon Saturday, we are unsure if they are male or female but we did decide to call them Zero! We were told Zero is four months old. We noticed when we brought him home Saturday that the tip of their tail is bent. It does not seem to be effecting them as they is still eating normally (more so crickets than collard greens), they are pooping normally, and super active (running around his tank, climbing, basking in their 100w lamp). And he let me hold him today!:) However, it does look like they are about to start shedding due to the gray on their tail and the rubbing of the face on the heat rock. The more I look at his tail the more concerned I become, I would love some advice on this issue! Thank you!:)

View attachment 82818

View attachment 82819 View attachment 82820 View attachment 82821
Let's have ahbd take a look
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The little tip might fall off and then nothing else. Keep an eye on it though in case the tail begins to shrivel or become stick like. Zero is a cutie ! And his name reminds me of the song " Saved by zero."

ZeroTheDragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zero
The little tip might fall off and then nothing else. Keep an eye on it though in case the tail begins to shrivel or become stick like. Zero is a cutie ! And his name reminds me of the song " Saved by zero."
Thank you so much for replying! I really appreciate it, being a new bearded dragon owner is a lot. There is so much information to weed out. Now we are struggling with how to hang a T5 Arcadia UVB lamp, because I think the ReptiSun T8 with the 10.0 bulb is not enough. We named them Zero after the movie holes like Hector Zeroni haha.

ZeroTheDragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zero
Can you post a few pics of his set up and show the top screen ?
Yes I can! I attached the top and an over photo of his setup. Right now, I am taking out the tree in the middle and am making it a smaller brach he can climb on, that way the basking spot is the tallest spot in his tank. Unfortunately, we know he will out grow this tank out sooner rather than later haha, but this works for the space currently.

Attachments

• Overall.jpg
    Overall.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 51
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 50

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes I can! I attached the top and an over photo of his setup. Right now, I am taking out the tree in the middle and am making it a smaller brach he can climb on, that way the basking spot is the tallest spot in his tank. Unfortunately, we know he will out grow this tank out sooner rather than later haha, but this works for the space currently.
That's a wide hole screen distance directly above the basking decor should be 8-10 inches

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a very nice set up, I wouldn't change much at all. :) Just a thought, you might turn the tree on it's side, it would make for a lot of climbing/basking areas. If there's a hole in the bottom you can stuff a wad of newspaper in it to keep curious Zero out of it.
If you get a t5 uvb you can sit it on the screen or you can keep the t8 and attach it under the screen using fishing line or picture hanging wire. Some people use velcro, I think Karrie does.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That's a very nice set up, I wouldn't change much at all. :) Just a thought, you might turn the tree on it's side, it would make for a lot of climbing/basking areas. If there's a hole in the bottom you can stuff a wad of newspaper in it to keep curious Zero out of it.
If you get a t5 uvb you can sit it on the screen or you can keep the t8 and attach it under the screen using fishing line or picture hanging wire. Some people use velcro, I think Karrie does.
Oops yep T 8 's need to go in the tank or screen off unobstructed 6-8 inches

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom