Does her beard look swolle? Concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
So my "little one" Fiona is now a year old. Im a little worried as her beard looks swollen to me and there is always a bit of black in it. Her appetite has decreased significantly and she has been in her hide more than usual. It could be brumation but the beard looking swollen is throwing me off. Husbandry spot on and no stress marks. Basking spot 98. Cool side 80. Reptisun T5 HO 5.0 recently replaced. Diet of collards squash carrots crickets and supers.

What do you experts think? My older dragons beard is not as "plump".
75750-4707756778.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Fiona sure is a cutie. :) Some do have a saggier beard which is generally nothing to worry about unless it gets really big, then there can be a possible vitamin imbalance or something causing excess fluid. Hers doesn't look bad though, and some females can also blacken their beard a bit for unknown reasons, I had one years ago that did that and she was a bit of a cranky girl. :)

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you! She's a character. :) Her little black on her beard seems to always have been there. She doesn't seem grumpy or ill so I was concerned it was something I couldn't see.

Makes me feel a bit better. Should I do anything now to prevent it from getting worse? Increase vitamins?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, the puffy beard is sometimes linked to over supplementation , not the other way around. She looks fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiegates
Top Bottom