Does anyone use the hammock for the basking spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
If so, what temps are you guys hitting or how do you know your hitting the correct ones? My new rescue bd loves his hammock (he had a heat pad/rock for the majority of his life) but the hammock hits 89-91. The dragon himself will be 100-104 in the spot. I use the temp gun to check his temps instead of the spot. Is that fine to do?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I'm not sure. When I take the temps of my beardies it is always about 10* cooler than their actual basking spot. The temp guns don't seem to read the temps correctly on hammocks. Maybe a probe might be more helpful?

htidavid

Juvie Member
I use a Hammock as a basking spot, I have a probe digital thermometer too. His temps always seem to be around 108-112

XiDiS

Juvie Member
I dont see why you couldnt. but I like the idea of a large stone or piece of wood. It will absorb the heat better and let it disipate over night.

CamoLover

Hatchling Member
What I do is have my girls stick run up to her hammock and have the stick be her main basking spot but her hammock right next to it so it stays really warm as well so when she needs to bask she can but she still gets the warmth when in her hammock

htidavid

Juvie Member
CamoLover":mh4u7c8w said:
What I do is have my girls stick run up to her hammock and have the stick be her main basking spot but her hammock right next to it so it stays really warm as well so when she needs to bask she can but she still gets the warmth when in her hammock

Actually yeah, This is pretty much what mines is set up like.

CamoLover

Hatchling Member
htidavid":3qumezzf said:
CamoLover":3qumezzf said:

Actually yeah, This is pretty much what mines is set up like.

My girl loves it. With her its the only way she will bask lol

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah but he was actually really warm to the touch, I panicked first time I felt how warm he was but I figured they're smart, they'd move of it got too hot from above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom