Does anyone recognize these symptoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

causeascene203

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Through lots of begging, whining, and complaining, I was able to convince the vet to see the dragon baby briefly next Tuesday, the 9th. That's in 5 days. I hope she can make it, and I hope the vet will give her antibiotics.

I'm going to try the juice thing. Her head is up this morning and she was watching me feed and water the other animals nearby. She is so small, I plan on refusing all and any injections. I don't think she can handle it.

How do they determine an inner ear infection? A blood draw to check for infection? Isn't she far to small for a blood draw?

I gave her a half-dose of calcium glubionate, 0.15cc of juice, a little Benebac, and a nice warm bath. She seemed to perk up a bit.

Thanks for the help everyone. You guys are great.

EDIT: Her gums are nice and pink. Not pale at all.

causeascene203

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Bones011.jpg

Bones012.jpg

She looks better.
I don't know if the Bene-bac helped, or if it was the addition of the juice, or maybe both, but her head is up and she's no longer tilted 90degrees towards the left side.

She's still leaning, and she's still curling inward towards the left, but at least her head doesn't look so awful. She looks more like she's looking at the base of her tail instead of looking straight up with one eye all the time. We'll see. Maybe she's fighting it on her own. Still not eating on her own though. I'll keep you all closely updated until her appointment on Tuesday.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She does look better. Let's keep our fingers crossed that she improves slightly daily. That's good that you got the vet appt moved up. Yes, she is too small for a blood draw, some correctly dosed injections are possible at a small size though. What else did she have to eat/drink today since you posted before?

causeascene203

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, I went back to check on her, and she was all curled up and tilted again, just as bad if not worse than before. :?

She had about .3cc of chicken babyfood and didn't touch her worms. Again. She defecated, which is a good sign, and it looks okay. Sheesh, I don't know if I can help this one. How frustrating.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe her electrolytes are low. Do you have any Pedialyte on hand? Diluting that with 2 to 3 parts of water might help her out.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow she did look better there after some of that food & fluids. I think something small is off, the blood sugar or electrolytes. I would continue the fluids as much as possible.
They determine ear infections by' looking at the tympanic membrane or the covering over the ear, to see if there are any swellings or bulges unilaterally or bilaterally. Sometimes an infection will show a yellowish color due to the increase of caseous material buildup in the tympanic canal area.
At least they got you an appointment so I hope that she can hang on until then~! Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

causeascene203

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I don't have any Pedialyte, but I started her on Repta-Aid this morning. She's feeling pretty fiesty today, but she's still leaning hard left.

Her MBD is improving slightly- I can feel more resistance in her limbs when I hold her, and she's moving her right hind leg around a bit. The retained shed on her foot and tail is starting to work its way off, so she might not lose her toes like I initially thought she would. She drags her poor little tilted belly all over the floor of the tank, but doesn't climb. She'll have a lot of spirit if she makes it through this, and she's such a pretty little dragon.

(...I might have to keep her for myself! :silent:)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Krista,

How is the little sweetie doing today? The reptaid is fine then. So she is pretty active but still leaning? Well, at least she is hanging in there though.
Well, great that her strength is improving slowly. Maybe she will keep all of her toes after all! I hope so. At least she is trying though & has a good fighting spirit in her.
Keep fighting with her, & hopefully she will pull through for you. Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cinnabunn
Top Bottom