does anyone have experience with any of these breeders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max18

Hatchling Member
Hi guys and gals, I was wondering if anyone has experience with the following breeders, I have literally been looking at breeders websites in my free time nonstop for a week, so I would like to know any good or bad experiences before making any decisions...

A1- they have a baby lemon ice I am in love with! My only problem is that the health guarantee is only good for a few days.

Dachiu- I have heard good stories about them. They have nice beardies in some interesting colors and patterns.

Fire and ice- I saw a citrus silkie that looked cool but I've heard bad reviews about them.

Bloodbank- the beardies these guys have are really nice looking but a little to much money for me

Rio reptiles- they have nice beardies at great prices

Any feedback on who is safe and trustworthy will be appreciated as well as any other good breeders

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
I got my little orange/red hypo girl from Rainbow Bearded Dragons and she was the cutest, calmest little girl ever. Tamara(the breeder) was great and answered any questions before and especially after the sale and even called me on the phone to give me a "checklist" to getting the baby acclimated to her new home. Since then, Harley has grown into the sweetest little girl. She never was a jumper or runner. She always was timid and curious. She's so mellow now at 7 months that I've actually fallen asleep on the bed watching TV with her on me and when I woke up, she was also asleep on me :lol: Probably just her personality but I would attribute it also to how she was raised from hatchling to the 6 weeks old when I got her. As for those other breeders, I never dealt with them. You can check http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/ and go to board if inquiry section and check each breeder out for negative or positive responses. Also be careful when you buy a colored dragon as some use lighting to enhance their color and some will fade with age. Rainbow Bearded Dragon has pictures of both parents which you will definitely want to see before any purchase so you get an idea of what the baby will look like when he/she grows up. Harley started out as a bit darker orange when I got her and now she is just popping with a bright orange/red. I might need to invest in a cheap digital camera so I can post a few shots of her :) The one thing that worries me about Daichu Dragons is that they state that most/many bearded dragons have adenovirus including theirs. This worries me as from what I've read adenovirus is not something that "most" dragons should have like coccidia which most do have a small amount which is controlled by the dragons immune system. If you got a dragon with adenovirus and have any other dragons, it could easily spread. The only saving grace imo is they will refund the purchase price if you get a dragon from them and it tests positive for adenovirus. They wont refund the shipping or the test cost and I know adenovirus tests in my area cost around $60. If you want to read more about adenovirus, I think Tracie here on the forums has a website set up dealing with adenovirus in depth or you can google it. Definitely worth reading.

Max18

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thank you, my dragon gizmo has the same personality as harley. I feel so lucky I don't have to worry about him running away or anything :blob5:

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
I can't recommend Rio Reptiles strongly enough. My baby boy is from Rio Reptiles. Cheryl is fabulous, her dragons are beautiful and healthy, and she has a bunch to choose from right now. Her prices are great and her customer service is, too.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
All I can say is don't go with Fire and Ice, over saturated pictures and terrible customer service.

I recommend FairyTail Dragons LLC from South Florida. Beautiful dragons, wonderful customer service.

Max18

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Does anyone have experience with a1. They have one that I want. And I want to know if I can trust them cause they only give a 2 or 3 day health guarantee.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Go on FuanaClassifieds and look them up on the BOI thread. That should have answers you need for any breeder you're thinking about.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32686&highlight=A1Reptiles

here is one I could find of them. Mixed reviews, some good, some bad and some meh. You do have to remember that just because someone says something positive does not mean it's always such. The less that's said about them, more often then not, doesn't say good things about them either. I would go with Rio Reptiles or FairyTail merely for the fact that two people here have provided positive first (in my case second) hand experience on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom