Do you sun your beardies outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prickly

I live in the southern us- the average temp here now is around 90F mid-day
I have taken my beardie out and he seemed to like it, I would think some sun exposure would benefit him-so I was thinking of making an outside enclosure for basking a few hours a day.
I seardhed it here and found a few old threads showing cages and such-but I was wondering how many people actually do it, and how long would you think was appropriate
thanks

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
I think natural sunlight is one of the best things for your bearded dragon. I have built my own outdoor enclosure. I have problems though with controlling temperature. While the air temp might me 90 the ground can be very hot. I'm dealing with 120 degrees and that is to hot for a bearded dragon. The longest time I left him in his outdoor enclosure was 2 hours. I don't trust him by himself but I do put him out there if I know I'm going to be able to keep an eye on him (such as when I'm in the kitchen)

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I used to but we have had way to many hawks here to take them outside safely. I'm still waiting for my hubby to build my outside viv for them. Some love it and some hate it. So i only take the ones who like it the others stay indoors.

prickly

Original Poster
well mine like its alot-and he seems so much more active
I'm thinking maybe a small animal cage i have will work well-
its like 24"x24"x36"-
i'll start out with like an hour or less and monitor him closely-
thanks guys

MarcusAlan

I take my beardie outside for 20mins or so every few days. He loves it. Actually, my avatar is taken of him while hes outside. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom