Do stress marks always mean stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWINKLET4

I know that they don't always mean stress with babies, but with older dragons,I've been told that it's just about them adjusting to a new environment. Is this true? Is it just a black beard, and puffing, open mouth that indicates stress?

I see a lot of dragons on YouTube and a couple in real life, out with their owners that did not seem remotely stressed, but who were covered in stress marks??

Mysty

Juvie Member
In short, no. Stress marks can also be because the dragon is very alert. Constant stress marks and a constant dark appearance are indicators tgat something is wrong. Otherwise marks and general colour will come and go.

Beard puffing wothout a black beard can also be the dragon simply stretching. Mine do this in the morning.

TWINKLET4

Original Poster
Mysty":2j8auzun said:
In short, no. Stress marks can also be because the dragon is very alert. Constant stress marks and a constant dark appearance are indicators tgat something is wrong. Otherwise marks and general colour will come and go.

Beard puffing wothout a black beard can also be the dragon simply stretching. Mine do this in the morning.

kingofnobbys":2j8auzun said:
Often the normal marking on the tummy are misinterpreted as stress marks.

Thanks so much guys?
I've been taking these these marks- plus very dark colours, as an indication that Kush was stressed/unhappy.

So is Blackbearding the definitive sign of really bad stress? I know it can also mean they're feeling amorous.?

In short, what are the sure fire ways of knowing that he's not happy, to the point that I should put him back in his viv?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
TWINKLET4":1aohidy2 said:
Mysty":1aohidy2 said:

kingofnobbys":1aohidy2 said:
Often the normal marking on the tummy are misinterpreted as stress marks.

Thanks so much guys?
I've been taking these these marks- plus very dark colours, as an indication that Kush was stressed/unhappy.

So is Blackbearding the definitive sign of really bad stress? I know it can also mean they're feeling amorous.? <<<< not necessarily .... especially with males, it can just be he's hyperhorny and strutting his stuff ..
Even females can blackbeard when they simply telling other beardies / lizards I'm the boss beardie.

In short, what are the sure fire ways of knowing that he's not happy, to the point that I should put him back in his viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom