do roaches bite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic

Juvie Member
The screen covering my Dubias worked itself off of a few staples. The screen was hanging down touching the egg crates in my raoch bin. I've found quite a few adults running around my room. The other night, my girlfriend and I were half asleep when I felt a roach crawl up my chest to my face. Disgusting. Do roaches bite humans? If so, do they leave a mark? I've had some restless nights recently. :puke:

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Oh man... That must have been screwed up. Half asleep and the Filepe' comes up for a closer look! Especially when your not expecting it. :shock:

Don't sweat it though. B. Dubia won't bite you. BTW... cut a piece of mesh bigger than the hole you have. Hot glue gun it on. and cut the access off. Works nicely.

-Ian
http://www.theroachranch.com

Ryan Maguire

Sub-Adult Member
My Dubia have never bitten me, don't think they will either.

My blaberus fusca on the other hand have sharp spikes on their legs which can give ya a cut!~ :oops:

You also might want to make some adjustments to your bin if you have lots of escapes.. because if you live in a tropical area they WILL infest your house..

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Ryan Maguire":13801 said:
You also might want to make some adjustments to your bin if you have lots of escapes.. because if you live in a tropical area they WILL infest your house..

I don't disagree w/ you much Ryan but I have to 1/2 disagree w/ you on this last statement. Now I know you sorta just generalized "Tropical places" and I do agree w/ you on that. As for the U.S. Tropical Roaches can't infest a house here in North America. I've had this discussion w/ an entimologist before. It's only a theory and too many factors need to be in place. However he did tell me that there is one sub-tropical climate within North America that is perfect for Tropical Roaches. The Everglades. I think we should bring this to The Mythbusters... you?

-Ian

Epic

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I think an email to Mythbuster is in order!

Thanks for the heads up. No changes are neccassary. I noticed the issue and corrected it. It may not look the best, but the screen is now on TOP, not underneath the lid. Just in case. I am also going to go all crazy paranoid and staple, tape, and hot glue the thing on their. I may even throw in some zip-ties to add to the mix. LOL.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Hey if it makes you feel any better, last night I had an adult male run right up the sleeve on my sweatshirt and my t-shirt. I was jumping all around cuz I'm ticklish.

Do yourself a favor. Don't do any roach ranching after you've had a few too many wobbly pops!

-Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom