Do not feed your BD every day....

Status
Not open for further replies.

maytes

Hatchling Member
Many owners overfeed-I see too many fat beardies. 1 or 2 days of fasting is good. In the wild they have days of not eating.I am referring to adult dragons,baby and juvenile dragons need daily food although a day off is fine.Lets keep our dragons healthy not fat!

Deemac6

Juvie Member
Inappropriate and rude post removed.The OP has the right to post his opinion,if you disagree then do so politely.Thanks.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I am stopping this here.Post your opinion of the topic content and not the member and do so nicely.If you cannot bring yourself to do so then simply ignore the thread all together.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Alot are not over weight,
They are still growing so starving isent really necessary
Mine are all eat everyday, maybe twice a day if they want, and NONE are over weight

maytes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i just believe in proper feeding.My reptile expert at the store feeds the same way-no problems,she has been doing it for 25 years.My fish get same treatment too-it is very healthy.

Livey

Extreme Poster
but what do you believe in proper feeding? starving them while there growing isent proper feeding

cwj93

I really don't understand why Maytes hasn't been banned yet. Ever topic he posts causes an argument and the mods have to step in to either warn everyone or lock the thread. He/She is obviously a troll who just wants to cause problems. I doubt he even owns a BD.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Yes he might ask odd questions , people only get warned because of hijacking threads..
Its often best to ignore people lol

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
If you feed animals what they are supposed to eat, then the animals shouldn't get obese. You can feed the salad early in the morning, since veggies are harder to digest, and later during day, as much bugs as they want. If you feed things like pinkies or fuzzies often, you can make them obese because they are not design to eat lots of vertebrates--maybe occasionally. And FYI obesity and chubby is not the same thing. Obesity is having excessive amount of body fat which is really unhealthy. You can be chubby and healthy or skinny and unhealthy.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
You can probably feed them every other days if you feed it enough. Just let him pig out when you do feed him. They know when to stop; they are not like people and dogs, which will keep eating.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I feed bugs every other day, but why would you restrict their salad to every other day?! That makes no sense. You cant really get fat off veggies. Heck, they shouldnt be fat at all if they are being fed the right amounts! There is nothing wrong with feeding every day, as long as you monitor how much they are being fed.

Maytes, you seem to think that every one on here has fat beardies or something. This is the 2nd post youve made about feeding them less... To me at least, it sounds like your starving your beardie. You said in another thread that he is 16" at a year old, and thats really small for a male. If you are only feeding him every other day or every 2 days, thats not healthy for him. He is still growing, and needs to eat alot.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
heres another post to be locked...i dont belive that your bearded dragon will get fat if you feed it everyday mine gets fed everyday and is perfectly healthy. i think it all depends on what you feed them if you are feeding high fat foods everyday then yes they could get fat. but if you are watching what you feed them you will be fine.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Humans can go 2 to 3 weeks without eating but does that mean its comfortable to not eat for 3 days? They may not always eat in the wild but they also have considerably smaller lifespans in the wild, one of the reasons for this is availability of food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom