Do I need to clean phoenix worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Hey all,

Just received our first batch of phoenix worms, and Cloudy really likes them. (Crickets are, for the time being, "of the past" as far as he's concerned... and fine by me!) :mrgreen:

A question though, do I need to be cleaning the bedding off the worms? Now, when they warm up and wiggle about, most of the bedding falls away, but not all. Do I need to be concerned about beardie ingesting the bedding, or is it okay if he gets a little with the worms? Of course, my main concern would be impaction...

TIA,
Em

bdchip

i usually just roll them around in a paper towel...but i am curious if "all" of it needs to come off.

Epic

Juvie Member
no, the bedding won't hurt your beardie. however, this may not be true if he ate a few pounds of it, lol. if you're worries, you can drop them in a cup of water, pull them out, and place on a papertowel to dry, THEN feed. i did this for a week, and got tired of it. don't put them pheonix worms in a dish when they're wet, or they will crawl out!

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Epic":2394d said:
no, the bedding won't hurt your beardie. however, this may not be true if he ate a few pounds of it, lol. if you're worries, you can drop them in a cup of water, pull them out, and place on a papertowel to dry, THEN feed. i did this for a week, and got tired of it.

Thanks, this helps a lot. My feeling is, I would also tire of this! Think I'll just continue to let them wriggle a bit, dust themselves off as best they can.

Epic":2394d said:
don't put them pheonix worms in a dish when they're wet, or they will crawl out!

Ha, ha, this happened today. I put the worms in with his salad which was quite damp, and those little suckers were rolling all over the place and straight off the dish. Major escape! Luckily our dragon noticed, and made sure to "clean them all up." He surely does like these little yummy tidbits. At any rate, think I'll blot the greens a little better next time. :mrgreen:

Thanks all,
Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom