Do i need a reflector for my fluorescent fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuskugee

Hatchling Member
Hello all,

I recently noticed that my fluorescent fixture does not have a reflector on the back of it. I tried looking around to find one but I cannot find any add on reflective backings. Is it really necessary that I get one? I have a 36 inch t8 fixture. If you can guide me to any websites that have add on backings for sale, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

doe222

Juvie Member
You really dont need it as long as he can get within 6in of it. I personally dont use one i feel like it would restrict the UVB to a smaller area.

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
You don't HAVE to have one, but they do concentrate the UV a bit by redirecting
the light that would be going away from the cage back in the right direction.

I got my reflectors from the same place as I buy my Arcadia 12 bulbs: www.lightyourreptiles.com

They are made by/sold for Arcadia but they will obviously work with ReptiSuns too (they are just
held on with plastic clips). I like them, but again it's not required as long as the bulb is close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom