Do I have a jealous beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluedu09

Hatchling Member
What do you think?

Toni has been my one and only for almost a year now since my other beardie passed away. She's always been my special girl since I got her six years ago. Last week I adopted another beardie that needed care. I've been spending time with him, but not really taking time away from Toni. However, she usually sees me holding him, bathing him, etc. Now for the last few days she has been pooping like crazy and smearing it everywhere. She sometimes makes a mess in her poo, but this has been every day, a couple times a day. She has recently come out of brumation; probably about two weeks ago. The other night I was cuddling her after her bath until she went to sleep. When I went to put her away, she wouldn't let go and started getting stress marks! Do I have a jealous beardie, or am I being too much of a beardie mom and reading a little far into this? :?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Behavior]

It could be possible that Toni is jealous of the new beardie, especially if she'd been the only one for so many years.

I used to have two males where one was a social butterfly and snuggle bug while the other was more independent and wasn't into snuggling. One night my then husband decided to hold Oscar (the independent one) while sitting on the couch. Shortly after settling in, to our all-time amazement, Felix (the snuggle bug) flew across the couch and proceeded to attack Oscar. He had the blackest beard and was fiercely charging, pushing Oscar away. Because it all happened so fast, Oscar didn't have time to decipher what had just happened and fight back; instead, he retreated to the top of the couch and looked for a place to hide. Felix followed him up, still on attack mode, and tried to push Oscar off of the couch. Fortunately, Felix settled down after reassuring himself that Oscar wasn't coming back to sit on "his" humans, and the black beard went away.

That was the one and only time we saw jealousy with those two. It was freaky but incredible at the same time.

So, yes, it's very possible for beardies to have jealous tendencies.

sluedu09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ouch! I was wondering because this behavior really isn't like her. She usually doesn't even poop in her cage...she waits for me to give her a bath :roll:

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
I have two males and the more out going one will black beard and try to attack the other if I show him any attention. So, yes I think they are jealous.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I totally agree, they absolutely get jealous for sure! Especially when they are used to being the "only one" for quite awhile. They don't like to share. :D

Tracie

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
sluedu09":2mixcqzs said:
Ouch! I was wondering because this behavior really isn't like her. She usually doesn't even poop in her cage...she waits for me to give her a bath :roll:

She is punishing her bad servant!

Diablo waits to go for me to come home at lunch for his bath, if I miss, poop everywhere. And when he gets his salad, it is almost as bad....not enough time out of cage at lunch equals leafy debris everywhere, and it isn't just debris, it is balled up pieces of arugula that must have been run over ten times. Ground in pieces of fresh salad....

:whip: Bad :whip: Human :whip: Can't :whip: You :whip: Understand? :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

sluedu09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
keschete":ninmimsm said:
sluedu09":ninmimsm said:

She is punishing her bad servant!

Diablo waits to go for me to come home at lunch for his bath, if I miss, poop everywhere. And when he gets his salad, it is almost as bad....not enough time out of cage at lunch equals leafy debris everywhere, and it isn't just debris, it is balled up pieces of arugula that must have been run over ten times. Ground in pieces of fresh salad....

:whip: Bad :whip: Human :whip: Can't :whip: You :whip: Understand? :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

Yeah I was beginning to wonder...I just had her on my bed and she tried pooping on my bed!!!! She's really trying to punish me with this pooping thing! I know everything's healthy because she just had a vet appointment 3 weeks ago. :roll: :p

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
My 2 are the same way. If they think Mama is spending too much time with one or the other,I get poop in the viv(which never happened when I had just Alf) or salad thrown everywhere.As a matter of fact I am getting a salad tossed right as I type. We had a power outage last night for about 9 hours,from about 3:00PM until around 11:30 last night. Since it was so late and we had no power we just left the dragons last night to fall asleep in their tanks,both are usually snuggled into their blankies for bedtime. Gimli woke with a ravenous appetite and is mad because he didn't get his snuggles last night so when I fixed him fresh salad(grrens were left for them to nibble after the power outage and still had some he attacked first thing,I made new salad it is now all over his viv. Alf is gonna start throwing a hissy soon if I don't start baths and snuggles this morning. My son is TOTALLY afraid of the dark so had to take him to my sister last night and have been up since 5:30 so I could get him for school this morning.So here I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom