Do bearded dragons make noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I searched this and all I found was sometimes they make a hissing noise, or a choking sound with a respiratory infection, but Spyro has made a barking/ squawking kind of noise twice now, it's pretty loud to be coming out of such a little guy. Is this normal?

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Hello,
No, that doesn not sound normal. Do you hear any clicking / popping sounds coming from his mouth? Can you see any mucous in his mouth? Could be RI,,,

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I have been listening for clicking and popping since he made the noise the first time, and no I haven't heard any, I also haven't seen any mucus or anything either. I have only heard it when he is really annoyed with me.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Well, hopefully someone else will chime in...I just don't know...Glad you aren't hearing anything else or seeing mucous!
Ler me know how it goes.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
My little lady made like a chirping/hiccuping noise when she was around shedding time. Is he about to shed? He may jus be trying to loosen the scales. They don't have vocal cords so they can't make a noise like a gecko.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He looks like he could shed, but he has looked that way for over 2 weeks now so I am not sure.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well it seems he is not doing well today. He didn't eat yesterday, didn't think to much about it because he has not been eating great but he is not eating today and I do believe I actually heard the clicking today... I had never heard it before. So looks like we will be going to the vet!

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
Mine has barked when she was unhappy at being put back in her tank. Id turn her away from it, she would calm down and be quiet. I turned back at the tank, she would squirm and bark

I asked my vet and he said that some will make noise. If you are not sure, I would have a vet check him out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom