Do any of you ever take your beardie out with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan06

I was hoping to pick up crickets tonight so I don't have to go back out tomorrow and I'm wanting to double check to make sure that we are ready to move to med/large crickets from the sm/med so I decided to take him with me to buy crickets today. Both of our local stores that carry them were closed early because of the holiday, buttttttt, the grocery store was open and I also needed greens so I wrapped him in a dish towel and took him into the store with me. One person was trying to figure out what I had wrapped up in the towel but I literally ran right in to the produce section and right to the self check out, I wasn't sure how the people would at the grocery store would appreciate having a beardie in the store. :wink:

He actually traveled really well! It was in the upper 70's today but we did put the heat on in the car, just to be safe. :D He started out on my chest but he did crawl up onto my neck/under my hair which is a favorite spot of his. DS held him on the way home but honestly, I was worried about him trying to run around the car and he was really well behaved. We often travel to my inlaws and I've thought about taking him with us because I honestly don't know who we would get to babysit. At least now I know he travels well in the car!!! I just wonder if I would have room for his cage in the car in addition to our luggage. :?

Anyway, does anyone else travel with or take their beardie places with them? I will say we have hawks in the area and every time we were out of the car I made sure he was securely wrapped up in the kitchen towel with just his little head sticking out, I would die if he was picked up by a hawk!!!!! A couple of times when we've been up in the 90's this year I've taken him out back to bask but I keep him on my chest and I keep my hand half way over him, so just his head and upper chest area are sticking out. I would hope that even a hawk wouldn't swoop down at my chest!!! Maybe I'll have to let him bask in his viv just to be on the safest side!

jingles

I take Roger with me often. I have a travel viv that fits nicely in the compartment on my dash board. He loves the sun he gets there and are watching everything on the road from his high view. My neighberhood is so use to see me take him with me and no shop seems to have a problem.

Kilana

I've taken Enkou out twice.. well, two voyages into places and one car ride. Once on an outing to our local aquarium shop, the owner there is super cool and enjoys lizards, so he didn't mind at all. A couple kids came in and were interested, so I let them pet him. It was his first time out and he behaved amazingly! He was calm and didn't fidget much at all. He stayed on my shoulder or chest during the car ride, and even in the shop. We then went to Petco and the employees there didn't mind, even complimented his coloring.

The second time was strictly a car ride, to one place, and back. Again, he just sat on my shoulder and chest, though something caught his eye when we were in a drive thru waiting for food and I had to hold him because he wanted to dart off out the (closed) window. He probably saw a bug or something outside. Who knows. But once we drove away from that spot, he was fine. He wasn't aggravated at all, he was just at attention.

The third time was a quick trip to Petsmart, again, employees enjoyed him and customers seemed indifferent. He behaved well each and every time. He just perches, doesn't move too much. I'm planning on taking him out when the weather turns nice again, just to places that I know or at least hope would accept him, or on quick car rides, or whatever.

I don't like taking pets into actual grocery stores, since that is against most store's rules, but I mean you weren't causing harm and you were in and out and of course you wouldn't leave your little guy unattended in the car, and of course your little one needed some noms, so I understand. Once in a while for a quick sec isn't gonna hurt anyone! But working in a grocery store, I know the health codes can be strict and the stores can get in trouble even if it's a customer's fault, plus, I don't need to take my dragon to the grocery store as much as I would like to. That's my own opinion though! Feel free to do what you like! Just be respectful. Which I'm sure everyone is. :lol: We still have people sneak into the store with parrots on their shoulders, or pet dogs that don't mind, and other horrible things, so yeah, a quick run with a dragon snuggled in a towel or a hood or whatever is the least of anyone's worries.

drakedragon

Juvie Member
ive taken mine to the petshop when its been hot outside. and i took my first beardie into the supermarket once but was told i cant have it in the store. yet there was a woman holding a dog and she wasnt told she couldnt have it in the store.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I take Jace and Zy out to sun bathe (at separate times unless my boyfriend is around to hold one of them). I've taken them both to two different Petco's and a PetSmart. Jace travels better than Zy does so long as he sits with me. He will not sit still for Paul. Zy likes to be under a hoodie when traveling and then and only then will she be a good traveler.

I considered taking Slayer with me to the pet store, but I'm gonna wait another month or so to really solidify the bond. I have taken her out of my apartment to get the mail, but that's it.

melindacooper

I took Rango and Lucy to the local Petco and Flea Market to get some items. They were secure in a pet container though. Some people wanted to hold them. Any thoughts on that? :?: :?:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I carry a little bottle if hand sanitizer and have them use it before and after holding them. My two are also really comfortable with being held

Infowars

Yep, she has went everywhere with us, since a month or so old.
Market, walmart, church, parks, hotels, camping.... She has went to work with me several times... umm she has been everywhere :D
When I take her in stores and such, I just put her on my shoulder, under my shirt. She is a pretty big lump anymore, but who cares :lol:
(she has sleep in our bed for almost 2 years. She crawls right up on a pillow and goes to sleep every night. She is part of our family for sure :wink:
imag0295b.jpg

wp20130324001.jpg

wp20130413016.jpg

20120218194809.jpg

Firebonbon

Hatchling Member
I'm planning on taking my new boy out to the nearby Petsmart once he's more comfortable with me and when he's a little calmer. And I live right next to a park, I'd love to walk him in the parts where people don't take their dogs.

USCgrad

infowars,
i have to say, i got a kick out of your pics... i have been pretty shy when it comes to taking my dragons out but seeing your pics, i'm more inclined to do so...thanks for sharing

Feline

Infowars I love your pictures!!! I take my Beardie everywhere I go if I have a hoodie on so he can stay under my hoodie or in the pocket(s). But now that it's summer I can't really do that so he just stays at home. I usually have my Beardie on my chest or shoulder when I drive and people are fascinated by him. They think he is an iguana. :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing your pictures!!!

Mushuspyro

I take Mushu to the park, shops, and sometimes the beach if it's sunny and hot enough. He enjoys it so much! He also loves seeing the town, and having all the fuss and attention from everyone. :3

BBTrucker

i live fairly close to the city so i normally put my boy gator up in the dash of the car on a old shirt for him to hold on to, our voyages normally take us to sonic for a cream slush on a hot day and to go get sum gas hes normally pretty good in the dash and loves to look around but when he gets to comfortable is when he starts moving then i put him in the seat and roll the windows down. my neighbors have abunch of younger kids that go swimming over there too so when we r out getting sum sun he is with me and gets attention then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom