Do all female Beardies lay eggs ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
I am looking at buying a female beardie from someone they say she is 2 and a half, but she hasn't layed any eggs. Just making sure thats possible.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not all females lay infertile eggs. We've had our female for 5 yrs and she has never become gravid even though we have male beardies that she can view.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No, she's never been with a male, they're all housed separately.

fancyfly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thanks I just wanted to make sure thats possible for them not to lay eggs. I am thinking about breeding again. I let my dragons run around on the floor together and I dont want another male as I dont want a fight. If she hasnt layed infertile can she lay fertile ??? I thought that all females layed eggs , you learn something new everyday right lol :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, if she hasn't laid infertile eggs, she could still lay fertile ones. I would make sure she is totally healthy and of a good weight before considering breeding her though.

Yes, we're all still learning. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom