DIY Partitions and Laminate Tiles with Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
So two of my leos needed an upgrade from their 10 gallon takes. To save room I purchased a 40g tank from Petco instead of two 20g. I decided to post this because even though it is about leopard geckos, I feel like it could be used for bearded dragons if you're in a pinch for room.

So along with the 40g tank, my boyfriend and I bought plexiglass, all weather caulking that dries on clear, a special blade to cut the plexiglass with, a box cutter, and a bunch of different laminate tiles.

First we put down the laminate tile on the floor. We measured out the floor space and cut the tile to fit with a box cutter. Then we peeled off the paper and made sure the floor was stuck down.

Next my boyfriend cut the plexiglass to size while I measured out the middle of the cage and marked where to place the partition. After it was cut we installed it over the line I had drawn and used heavy piles of books to help prop the wall up on both sides. Then my boyfriend used the caulking gun and caulked the sides on both sides of the partition (the floor is not necessary, but you can do it). After that we let it harden over night and the next night moved the leopard geckos in.

Today I bought the rest of the tiles I needed and measured them out - marking the paper on the back for it's placement so I knew were to put it. My boyfriend used the box cutter and cut out the sizes I needed. The walls were trickier so what I did was put the laminate into place with the paper still on and made sure it fit into the spot or if it needed a new trim.

The laminate tiles stick better to glass than wood. If you wanted to use them on would I would suggest buying extra lamination or staple gunning them down.

And here are the pictures:

oJ5RtWu.jpg

a2QTnZR.jpg

pT1xhEU.jpg

6XOqLrb.jpg

LNfoAUB.jpg

Sorin is in a pen due to being a last minute rescue and the substrate prior to this were loose tiles. For his new floor I took a card board box, measured it out, and then stuck the laminate tiles on their. He does have UVB, it was just in the way for the picture.

mnrQYBu.jpg

Jace enjoying his new floor:
FYyn9l7.jpg

Zy not even caring about it:
3lXkxWQ.jpg

Hope this gives people some fun ideas for backgrounds and what not. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom