DIY guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hello all,

Well Im trying to kill two birds with one stone.
As our little one has started to grow, and my partner reaches orgasm by walking into a DIY store, Im looking into convincing my better half to build a viv to see if we can get it done for cheaper than a store bought one (around £150 in stores at the moment).
Im after a standard 4x2x2 to sit ontop of our current 4x2x2 which houses Captain Ruben.

Ive had a trawl through alot of the DIY posts on here, but I was wondering if anyone could link me to a sight (or a post!) that does a stepbystep guide of what to buy and how to assemble it?
I cant face letting him loose in B&Q without a shopping list!

Any help is most appriciated
Holly

buzz86

Hi, I can't help you with the DIY aspect as I'm useless with that (my boyfriend said he'd make me one of those fake rock walls on here - looks like we'll be going into B&Q with a shopping list too!). But if you did decide to buy one brand new, these are pretty much 4 x 2 x 2 and a very reasonable price http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REPTILE-VIVARIUM-48-120cm-OAK-EFFECT-EXTRA-DEEP-NEW_W0QQitemZ380125923621QQcategoryZ1285QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m183QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%252BS%252BIA%26itu%3DIEW%252BIT%252BUA%252BPSS%252BUCC%252BCRS%252BIA%252BUCI%252BSI%252BUS-BWR%26otn%3D3%26ps%3D33

i can help you make a tank for arouund £30 without the glass.
i will leave aspects of the glass to you because im not sure how you want to get into the cage.
this would be 2 joined cages thou. you could quite easily make just one from this design but it seems like the perfect oppertunity to like you said "kill 2 birds with one stone" for around £3.50 more. the tank would be around 4ft x 2ft x 15inches. one ontop of the other. please let me know if you are interested and i can help you out as you go along. i can give you all of the details you need along the way and help if you need it. its a relativly easy plan and doesnt require any special knowledge or capabilitys or i wouldnt have been able to make it lol.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thank you for your kind offers but I got incredibly lucky yesterday.
By accident I stumbled across an advert for a 4x2x2 for £40! Within an hour Id gone and collected it.
My first viv cost well over £150 so I am like the cat who got the cream right now :mrgreen:

She needs to do a bit of growing first.
DSC_0075NEF.jpg

Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom