Dividing a tank into two

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickynonaps

Hi I'm thinking of getting a bearded dragon, two actually. I've read that two together in one tank simply won't work. But what if I put a piece of plexi-glass in the middle. I can get my hands on a nice long 55 gallon tank. Would this be sufficient for two baby beardies? And then obviously once they get bigger I would have to get them two separate bigger tanks.. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing anyone's feedback!

-Nick

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Nick,

It would work for a very short amount of time.

I would think you'd have problems keeping temperatures correct and providing the proper temp gradients since you will need two basking bulbs.

It would be less hassle to just get a second tank, or just one dragon IMO.

-Brandon

triumphtt

Juvie Member
i agree with brandon. I know how expensive plexiglass is and at that price your better off getting another tank. Another thing too is they might see each other and constantly try to get to each other. You could always block that too but just another additive. I was going to do that with my tank but mine is an old dresser and could easily make 2 40 gal breeder's and Puff only stays on one section anyway. I think it would be more worth looking into if you had something like that just because they could be living in that for the rest of their lives instead of a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom