Dilemma, need opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchykin

Hello,

I have a healthy adult bearded dragon named Iroh. I love this creature to death btw. Anyway his enclosure is big and he has a special hide area he loves, only problem is he will stay there for days- even a week at one point. Just comfy. When he comes out he’s active and eats well. I took out the hide and he’s been more active but he doesn’t look as comfy as he did before. What should I do? Should I put the hide back in his comfy spot and let him be or keep it out to where he’s active? I want him to be comfy- I’m actually so happy I was able to replicate a burrow for him but he uses it too often. Please let me know what you think.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It's the time of year that brumation (can sleep for up to two months) takes place. You see, it is almost winter in Australia and they are programed to naturally do this.That being said, there is such a thing as a semi brumation where they go in and out of brumation for several weeks or months. I think this is what you are seeing.

Not saying that this is the answer, just a possibility!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I love the name Iroh! How old is he?
As Gormagon suggested, it is likely just a slow down or brumation phase. It sounds like he
is in & out so as long as he is looking good, not losing weight, etc then it's ok to let him sleep
& relax some right now. They can brumate at various times of the year so it can be difficult to
figure out their behavior sometimes!
If he appears dehydrated or starts to lose weight you could consider getting a fecal done on
him, just to be sure he doesn't have worms or parasites.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom