digging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
my new beardie (literally got him today) has dug under his subtrate, and buried his head xD

the rest of his body is out, but his head is covered by the wood chips :p

i think he might be sleeping there? i just turned the lights out in his tank, because it's dark outside (5:38 pm here) is it because the lights are on in my room and he wants to get some sleep?

or maybe because he is still nervous about his new home?

Chris.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Mine does that sometimes too. They do it for 2 reasons: to get warmer and to get out of the 'sun'. :)

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
good, i think he's sleeping like that, the end of the tank he is in is about 22 degrees C atm (lights off)

it's warm enough, right?

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
I turn my heat lamp down to 22 degrees at night but the temps inside vary. Because its comming up to winter ive started putting a little fleece blanket over my beardie- she loves it- you could try that and if he gets too hot he will move

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
awesome ^^

i had a probe sticking out of the wood chips, from my thermometer, and he dug under that, i've moved it now xD

i'm pretty sure he's sleeping, the two crickets caught under the tub (i'm too scared to touch 'em xD. lizard, no problem! crickets, eww)
have gone to sleep aswell xD

He's a little weirdo <3

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Bless him. If you can, try and remove the crickets whilst he sleeps- crickets have a tendancy to bite beardies and it can be a rather nasty little nip. im sure you'll get used to the crickets- i mean if i can, anyone can!! :shock:

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah, i'll try, even if i have to take half the substrate with them xD

i'm thinking about just switching to worms, nice slow moving worms :p

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i just went to get the crickets out and noticed they had escaped, i dunno how long they have been out for!
one of them was near to my little beardie, could they have seriously hurt him? :S

they never woke him up or anything.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
No probably not, don't worry. If your too scared to pick them up, put a toilet roll holder in with some salad inside for them to crawl into- they only nibble on beardies if they're hungry and would choose the salad first. Also crickets like to hide so they would hide in there and you could just pour them back into their box. A nip is quite nasty for the beardie but never anything serious

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
they're out now :p along with two fistfulls of substrate xD

do they bite humans? i mean, they're big ugly brutes and certainly look like they would xD

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
ha ha you really dont like the little things do you!? They've never bit me so far and i handle them every day- took me a while to get used to them though

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no way, the way they all crawl around! :S
big snakes and lizards don't bother me, but these things xD

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he's doing this again, but it's not night time?
is it because he's is too hot? i thought he would of gone over to the cool end if that was the case o_O

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Just so you kno woodchips are not a good substrate specially for a baby if he accidently eats one it will cause serious damage to his digestive system....soft shelf liner works great...or tile..or fake grass....nothing that he can eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom