Digging in cave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Hi there

so this is a new one on me.

This morning she has suddenly gone into her cave first time) and is digging non stop (even though there is nothing to dig!) what could this possibly be? It cannot be for eggs as shes alone, and it cant be brumation as its late so is she plotting the great escape? LOL

Thank you

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Beardies can lay infertile eggs without another beardie being around. You can't always feel them either. She needs a lay box. You can Google symptoms of eggs and it should tell you how to make a lay box. :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
destiny1998":3o1egh8h said:
Hi. Beardies can lay infertile eggs without another beardie being around. You can't always feel them either. She needs a lay box. You can Google symptoms of eggs and it should tell you how to make a lay box. :D

REALLY????? WOW!!!!!!

Thank you

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi again

So if infertile why would she need a lay box? and I need a lot of information about this. For example, lay box stay in the tank? cool end? Lid off or lid on with a hole? Will she just go in by herself or will she need to be put in? I think i will take her to the vet to see if she is having eggs before i set all this up.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Beardies need a place to lay their eggs. A laybox needs to be like an 18 gallon tote with 2 feet of damp sand so she can make a tunnel and lay. Otherwise she could be egg bound and that would not be good. Thay can lay 3 or more clutches a year. If you Google lay box it will show you how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom