Dig box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I’ve been looking into making a dig box for my bearded dragon. He is around 5 months old. I was thinking of using a large Tupperware container inside of his enclosure. The tank is 160 gallons so there is plenty of room. I was going to make the dig box approx 8 inches wide 18 long and 12 deep. I’ve been reading a bunch of mixed reviews on what substrate to use inside of the box. I would like some help with what would work best and not harm him or his viv. I was planning on using a sand/soil mixture so he would be able to make a tunnel to sleep in. Has anybody used anything like this and have and suggestions on it or will it be a bad addition to his setup. Could it pose a threat of mold, bacteria, collapse, humidity issues? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Many people have had success with a 50/50 mixture of play sand and organic topsoil kept somewhat moist but nowhere near wet.

In such a large enclosure, it shouldn't pose a significant humidity issue. The only caution I'd advise is to make sure you don't use a wood box for the soil, as the moisture will eat at the wood and encourage mold growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom