Differance in Dubia

Status
Not open for further replies.

dociledragons

Juvie Member
So I noticed I have to different patterns of Dubia. The guy I bought them assured me they are true Dubias. Is this normal.?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I can't see the picture, says you deleted them.

I do have some dubias that look different than others. I wouldn't be able to tell with yours unless I saw though.

-Brandon

dociledragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
mortitia":2b7kxd1x said:
Hi

I thought the reason they looked different was down to how long ago they had moulted

O' maybe but, I think it's more then that. I was just wondering if this is normal? Are they pure bread dubias?

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
My dubias look the same. I also have some whitish colored ones too. Kinda like albinos. Pretty neat looking actually. And yes I think its normal, just different genetics since you want to add in fresh genes every once in awhile so you don't start having inbred hillbilly roaches. :p

icelore

Juvie Member
They look fine to me. There's a lot of variation in adult females. I think it's due to what they eat while growing up maybe? I started off with a lot of the darker ones, but have a lot more banded/orange colored roaches now.

dociledragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sauzo":3qk6q2vd said:
My dubias look the same. I also have some whitish colored ones too. Kinda like albinos. Pretty neat looking actually. And yes I think its normal, just different genetics since you want to add in fresh genes every once in awhile so you don't start having inbred hillbilly roaches. :p

Sauzo... Can you take a pic of your whitish one? It might be they just molted and haven't darkened yet.

OK thanks everybody.. After looking at it online more it looks like this happen a lot..

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Sorry I cant atm but no they aren't fresh molted. They are just albino like. They aren't as white as a fresh molted one, kind of a dirty blackish white.

I have females like dociledragon posted. I figured that the darker one was older, but how do I know. Here is a neat pic of a molting dubia I caught in action. They are white just after a molt and darken up over the next day or two.
8e69833d-38a9-47f2-86bf-6e6f9e107c96_zps551abb8d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom