diet switch questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
so, it appears Agni has reached the stage of growth where his diet switches from mostly live to mostly veggies.

he's been vacuuming up his veggies every day for a few weeks, and only eating a 2-4 superworms every couple of days, and he's pooping every few days as well.

I'm a little concerned however, because he doesn't look like pictures of other adult dragons I've seen, and while his adult colors are somewhat visible, they're also not quite 'complete'

is this just an 'individual dragons are different thing' or is something else up?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there......do you mean that he isn't the size of a typical adult, and what do you mean by his adult colors ? Can you post a few pics of him, like full body shots ? It's great that he's eating alot of vegetation, keep that up ! Beardies are sometimes actually fat, being overfed on insects in to their adult life.... many owners don't realize that they shouldn't have a huge belly and limbs like a tegu. :)

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I cant get any pics right now, he's wrapped up in his blanket sleeping

what I mean by adult body, his head looks a little too 'narrow', and his tail doesn't seem as thick as other adult dragons i've seen

and by adult colors I mean he's still got the same pattern and pretty much the same colors he had when I bought him as a baby. he's gotten a lot more yellow, orange and some hints of red, but overall, his color scheme still leans towards greyish, even when he's fully brightened and his bellt and beard are pure white

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
heres those pictures you requested

714jmb.jpg

24ay4hs.jpg

I don't know whats up with this next one. these were taken seconds apart, and are NOT what his colors actually are, this is more the body shape picture

vsl5c0.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He looks very robust and healthy. :) His size is perfect, dragons shouldn't be fat and flabby. A fat dragon is not a healthy dragon. His head is a good size, too, I don't see where it's narrow . As for color + pattern, some dragons keep a bold pattern and others lose it....they are all different. But your dragon is a good size....maybe you are seeing pics of fat dragons that make you wonder if yours is small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom