Did I just kill 1700+ Phoenixworms!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancalagon

I got a bulk order of Phoenixworms from symptonbsf.com/blog and knowing that my baby would not be able to eat all of them in the week they are going to be alive on the shelf, I thrifted a mini fridge from my local town's Buy/Sell/Trade group on Facebook.

The thing works great! I set it to a high temp (40-ish degrees) but the thing can crank at like 20 if you let it. I went to go pull out Charmander's breakfast, though this morning and they aren't moving!

87060-553937168.jpg

Did I kill them!?! Or are they just dormant from the cold? Should I let them sit under the heat lamp? I would feel so bad if I just let them all die!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How are they ? You can just take a few out + see if they come around. Usually when any soft body worm dies, they just get very smushy, the turn dark after a few days, then begin to smell like dead things smell.

Sina

I have dealt with this company, if you killed all your worms like this I think they will send you a replacement with no problem, you don't even need to pay for the extra shipping!

Ed707

Hatchling Member
That fridge won't work if you can't get the temp around 50° preferably around 55°. I bought a wine cooler because of that specific reason, I couldn't find a mini fridge that had a temp Guage or tell me what the highest temp it would go to. They all just list the lowest temp. 40° would kill them eventually but it depends how long there exposed to that temp for. They go really sluggish when there chilled and appear to be dead but once they warm up get really active and squirm around alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom