Did I do something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtuousdame

I purchased my bearded dragon back at the tail end of October, so I've had him for over a month now. He is just a baby and measures 6inches right now. For the past month, we've gotten along well, all things considering, and he was really getting to the point where I could simply reach in and pick him up no problem. However, for some reason, he has suddenly become very afraid of me in the past week. I thought maybe it was a mood swing.. but it's been a while now, and I don't know what I did wrong. He even jumps a little when I pet him, and he'll hardly me pick him up - he runs straight into a wall if I try to, leaps out of my hands, and even mouth gapes at me, which he NEVER did before! What do I do at this point? Does he just not like me?

Some background information:
I have a front-opening terrarium, and I always scoop him up from beneath his chest. I never hover my hand over him.
He just went through a big shed.
He is only around 2 months old.
He doesn't really have any stress marks.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Have you changed anything in the way of viv decoration, nail polish, perfume or body wash? Scent and, appearance will effect their attitudes as well. Remember........they hate change!!!

virtuousdame

Original Poster
Gormagon":2aivhw32 said:
Have you changed anything in the way of viv decoration, nail polish, perfume or body wash? Scent and, appearance will effect their attitudes as well. Remember........they hate change!!!
The only thing I did differently was that I took him to a different room to give him a bath when I usually do it in his tank, and that's sort of when he stopped trusting me. Do you think that could have caused it?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
That is entirely possible, it was a new world to him and, he was out of his comfort zone, they don't like change. Give him time, I know starting over seems a bit rough but, we learn these things on a curve.

virtuousdame

Original Poster
Gormagon":211kyv1h said:
That is entirely possible, it was a new world to him and, he was out of his comfort zone, they don't like change. Give him time, I know starting over seems a bit rough but, we learn these things on a curve.
Well, the good news is that he's waving to me again. We had already passed that point in the bonding process, but now that we've restarted, it is good news that he's waving. Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom