Diarrhea

Status
Not open for further replies.

anc90

Hatchling Member
This past week I had to run out and get crickets for Logan because Im waiting for my roaches to start their colony. Went to petsmart got some,he has been on them since Friday night. He was having normal BM up until today.. Horrible Smelling green diarrhea..What would be the cause of this and the next best step for me to take? As for a fecal,can a vet do one or can I send it in on a paper towel,stupid question I know but its so liquid Im not quite sure how to get a sample of it!

How old is your dragon? 8Months
How long have you had your dragon? 8 Months
How long is your dragon? 13/14 give or take inches.
What is the sex of your dragon? Male
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 55G
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? Tile
Do you use UVB lights? Yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? Tube
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? ReptiSun 10.0
How old is your UVB bulb? Around 3Months
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? Within 6"
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? Is it a white or colored bulb? Yes,Clear Household Bulb 100W
What are the basking temps? 90*+/-
What is the cool side temp? 70
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? Temp gun,digitial thermometer,and wire & probe.
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? Directly under lights, and where his basking spot is also.
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? No
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. Dubia Roaches with Calcium Dusted,Kale Greens with Calcium Dusted.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? 9am,2pm,last feeding at 7pm
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? Yes
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? Repti-Cal Calcium mon-friday,multivitamin sat/sun
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? Besides the runny poops today,yes.
Do you bath your dragon? How often? Yes,every other day
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? No
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? ----
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? No

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
Horrible smelling poop is usually an indicator of parasites. A fecal at the vet is definitely a smart idea. I'm sure if you managed to get some on a paper towel that would be sufficient, is it completely liquid?

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
dylanravenj":2tpkeo80 said:
Horrible smelling poop is usually an indicator of parasites. A fecal at the vet is definitely a smart idea. I'm sure if you managed to get some on a paper towel that would be sufficient, is it completely liquid?
Pretty much! I am going to call them tomorrow,see what they have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom