Dexters belly is huge help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero138

Hatchling Member
So i posted earlier that dexter was lazy since i got him bigger crix and i was worried about impaction. However he is still eating an he is pooping quite well, trust me :puke:
anyway i got him out tonight to hold him and his belly was like huge. it seemed swollen. now he had seen me holding Ring around, my 2 y old daughters wonderfully named dragon, just before i got him out. I just was worried that something was wrong His belly was HUGE. is this normal. lately he has just been laying around and his legs hav been kicked back. Hes been laying on the tile and not his log as much, what should i do, hes still active he ran around when i got him out and he will run in his tank to get away from a misting. im just worried all this started when he got bigger crix. any ideas? its been a week on the big crix just so everyone knows. is it possible hes just over eating and is tired from such a big meal? He just got his new reptisun 10.0 today so i hope this helps him out. Should i be worried?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How big is this dragon,lengthwise, and how old ? It does sound like he's just pretty well stuffed. Hind-leg extension can be a sign of possible impaction, but since he is still running around and pooing [ I think you said he was] he should be O.K. The good old warm bath can help him get a lazy bowel moving LOL.If he has a lot of trouble pooping, a few drops of olive oil in applesauce can grease things up. If the crickets are too large, go down a size.

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok he is about 6.5 inches.

So when I woke up this morning Dexter was laying on his basking log sleeping. This is very weird it's the same spot he was at when I turned his lights out. EVERY night he sleeps on the cool side in his tree hide and so now I'm worried. What can I do?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
See how he acts once he is awake. Really can't tell anything until he gets active. They can change the spot they sleep in without it meaning there's a problem. By the way, what size crix is he eating ? At 6'5", you must be VERY careful,it's very easy to cause impaction with the bigger crix.

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The crix/beardie breeder gave me 1/3-1/2 inch crix so about that size I won't feed him the ones that are larger than that. The crix breeder is bringing me a free 500 because I wanted small Crix and I got what they consider small-medium but I insider these for Dexter med-large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom