Dewey's Thread: Updated: 9/6/12 He's Very Sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received Dewey on 1/13/10. After having him for a couple of days I officially decided to name him Dewey. Since he now has a name I thought I should make a thread dedicated to him so I can share our journey and his growth with all of you. :)

Being my first beardie, Dewey will always have a very special place in my heart. He's been a pure joy to have so far. Especially now that he's starting to come out of his shell little by little every day. I'm truly excited to see how he will develop in the months to come.

So, enough babble... here are the first set of pictures which I took tonight.

Hanging out on his vine. I wasn't expecting Dewey to be as small as he is. Yesterday was the first time he was seen up on his vine and he was up there again today. He seems to be a pro with navigating it!
vine1.jpg

vine2.jpg

vine3.jpg

Here's Dewey all wrapped up just before bed time. :)
sleep2.jpg

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Michelle. I'm pretty fond of him myself! :D

Here are more pics taken tonight. He's already sound asleep in his cage which is a bit early for him, but I guess it's a good thing considering he's a growing boy going through the shedding process again.

It's not coming off as easily as his last shed. Poor little guy... :(
022110a.jpg

I want so badly to just start peeling, but I know it's a no-no!
022110b.jpg

He is starting to get darker and darker orange markings on his head with each shed.
022110c.jpg

Enjoying his warm bath.
022110d.jpg

He's so content at bath time. He loves it!
022110e.jpg

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
More pictures of Dewey, all taken tonight. He's still trying to finish up with his shedding, but he's still got a ways to go. His head and shoulders are really starting to peel and it appears as though his back will be next. It's starting to get really dull and gray. Despite the stress he must be feeling during the shed, his belly was the whitest that I ever remember seeing today. I guess that's a good sign. He was definitely in a spunky mood when he was roaming around today. He's such a little cutie! I'm so glad I decided to get him. :D

His overall color today really caught my eye. His back is dull, but his legs and his head where he's starting to peel seems to be very green. I'm wondering if the green will get bolder and bolder with each shed. We'll see!
022210a.jpg

Close up of his shedding head.
022210b.jpg

Dewey's back must be getting ready to shed as well.
022210d.jpg

He was zooming all over the place today!
022210c.jpg

He figured out that he can jump the "fence" now that I use to block him off in one part of the room. Once he figured it out, he kept running right back over to it to try again. He would always stop in this position and turn to look in my direction. Such a little brat!!
022210e.jpg

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys! I'm curious to see tonight if he'll rush right over to the piece of wood to prove again that he can ever it. :lol: I'm sure he will!

He has grown quite a bit since I got him. He was just about 9" when he came home on 1/13. His last measuring a few nights ago he was just over 12". So, he's grown about 3" in a little over a month. I can actually feel his weight now when he sits on my shoulder. :)

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Wow!! He IS really growing!! and that color in his face is gorgeous!! Just wait til he finishes this shed!! What a handsome guy!! and I love the pic of him jumping over the board!! He is looking back to make sure you are watching to see what he can do!! I'm glad you decided to get him too!! :)

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's been a few days since I've had power, let alone internet access, thanks to a wind storm last Thursday. Thankfully, I'm back now and all is good with me and Dewey. You can see my thread about our power outtage experience here if you'd like. Here are some photos tonight, our first night with power again! :)

His back hadn't started shedding when I left for work this morning, but when I came home it was just about finished already!
030210a.jpg

Still a little stressed from the past weekend (no power).
030210b.jpg

Enjoying his first warm back in 4 days!
030210c.jpg

He's developing more and more orange with each shed.
030210d.jpg

He had a blast when he was finally able to roam tonight.
030210e.jpg

All tuckered out from his romp around the room.
030210f.jpg

I love this little guy so much! :)
030210g.jpg

More growth since our last visit to bd.org.
030210h.jpg

MandiceP

What an expressive little face he has! I totally love his pictures! He seems like he's a spunky little bugger like my boy, Fezzik!

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Mandi (that's cool, my name is spelled Mandy)! Dewey is actually pretty mellow right now. He's never given me any kind of an attitude or anything. He also loves to cuddle with me. He's been awesome for my first beardie! :)

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Mandy, I swear I posted but I was imagining it I suppose. We lost power for 5 days from a wind storm about 18 months ago, not fun! I'm glad that you all got power back. Dewey seems to be doing well and growing like crazy! He looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom