Desperate Plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi good Morning My name is Lyllian I own a bearded dragon hes been with me for 4 yrs and hes the baby of the family hes very loved and spoiled in my house but he has a real bad bump at the side top of his tail in between the tail and leg and it hurts him when I touch plus I think its hurting when he poops plz help
91529-4951789626.jpg
91529-9696672214.jpg

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Sounds like he should see a vet - could be a cyst/infection. Hard to say though. Do you have a picture? Either way, I would take him to a vet for sure.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Take him to the vet ASAP. It could be a cyst or something more dangerous, like cancer. A vet is your best option.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Yes please take him to a certified Herp vet immediately, especially if he's in pain. It could be any number of things, and chances are that he'll need a Herp vet to treat it. A photo of him and the bump would be very helpful, we might be able to guide you in the right direction. But if he's having trouble pooping that's an emergency and he needs help from a reptile vet immediately.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope you are able to find a vet to see him.
If you can get pictures of him, that would be helpful. If he is in pain though, it is an emergency & is probably some type of infection stemming from a cyst or abscess.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

lyllian1154

Original Poster
Drache613":1gupvqvh said:
Hello,

If you can get pictures of him, that would be helpful. If he is in pain though, it is an emergency & is probably some type of infection stemming from a cyst or abscess.

Tracie
how can I post a picture

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing today? Please keep us posted on him & if you are able to get him into a vets, too.

Tracie

lyllian1154

Original Poster
91529-4951789626.jpg
NBGwen":1hl790ni said:
Sounds like he should see a vet - could be a cyst/infection. Hard to say though. Do you have a picture? Either way, I would take him to a vet for sure.

lyllian1154

Original Poster
91529-4951789626.jpg
91529-9696672214.jpg
EllenD":1qej2hmg said:
Yes please take him to a certified Herp vet immediately, especially if he's in pain. It could be any number of things, and chances are that he'll need a Herp vet to treat it. A photo of him and the bump would be very helpful, we might be able to guide you in the right direction. But if he's having trouble pooping that's an emergency and he needs help from a reptile vet immediately.

lyllian1154

Original Poster
lyllian1154":1erjw8jx said:
Drache613":1erjw8jx said:
Hello,

Tracie
how can I post a picture
I JUST POSTED PICTURES WILL APPRECIATE ANYTHING YOU CAN HELP WITH .THE NEXT AVAILABLE APPT AT THE NEAREST VET WONT BE TILL 4/24/17

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Unfortunately there isn't much we can do. You can try supplementing with serrapeptase (sp?) to ease pain a little bit.

If your dragon is in pain it is probably worth taking a longer drive to get to a vet sooner.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh wow, that long before you can get an appointment? How is he doing?
Is it bleeding or draining right now?
Maybe see if they can get you in sooner, if at all possible. Sometimes they have cancellations, or can rework the scheduling.
Is he eating anything at all?
Overall, his body condition looks good.

Tracie

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
That sounds like such a long wait to get in to see the vet :( I agree with the others about seeing if you can get him in sooner with someone. That's a pretty big lump.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I'd call the vet and tell him it's an emergency .... things can and do go down very fast with reptiles and this needs to be attended to URGENCY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom