dermestid beetles

Status
Not open for further replies.
these dermestid beetles have moved in with my roaches when they are in their larvae stage they r hairy little wormy things i was reading about them and found that they are safe to have in my roach colony and that they help out as a clean up army i was wondering if anyone knew if they could b also used as feeders for my beardies just looking for knowledge if anyone can help i would really appreciate any info that you might have
thanks ozzyandsharron

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
I don't know for sure, but I would say no... Do you really want to feed your lizard something that feeds on the droppings of your feeder insects?

ozzyandsharron

Original Poster
not really when u put it that way i dont but they r safe to keep in my colony right they only eat the dead and frass right they wont kill and of my nimphs will they im so on the fence about these bugs i dont know if i want to keep them in there or take them out all together just really dont know what to do so im just weighing out my options with them

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
I don't think they will harm any of your nymphs. I've never had them in my colony, so I don't really know much about them, but as far as I do know, they only eat the frass and moltings, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom