depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstouts

Hatchling Member
I seperated my male and female bearded dragons into different cages a couple days ago, and my female has been depressed. she just sits under her log all day,not sleeping, just sitting. when the male was in with her she was happy and ran around. now she's all sad. how do I get her like she was before?

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
It'll just be that she is readjusting to the new change. Apparently beardies don't miss other beardies but they also don't like change so it's a bit like relocation stress. she should be back to normal soon once she's used to it :D

Rukii

Juvie Member
It may just be relocation stress. It's great that you separated them, nothing good can come from keeping 2 dragons together. I'm sure once she gets used to her new enclosure she will cheer up, but it may take days or a few weeks. Just keep an eye on her health and make sure she eats, her bowel movements are ok, and all that. Let me know how she's doing! :D

Rukii

Juvie Member
Ah, that changes things a little. I'm sure she may just be adjusting. Beardies are solitary animals and don't benefit from being together. I still say just watch her health, make sure she's eating, and keep an eye on her a little more than usual. Maybe someone else can add a little input? But that's my opinion.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Any time there is a change, no matter how small, they can go through relocation stress. Sounds like that's what is going on with her. Double check her temps, etc to make sure everything is ok. In a few days to a wk, she should be acting better. What brand & type of UVB are you using, how old is it and what is the distance of it?

Were there dominance issues going on and that's why you separated them? Had the female gotten hurt? Did you see them breed? Perhaps she is gravid. How old is she?

jstouts

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she's a little over a year old, but she's kinda small, only 14 in. she didn't get hurt, she went after the male. she was the dominant dragon.the UVB light is Exo-Terra/repti glo. whats gravid?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, it's very possible that she went after the male because he was trying to breed with her and she is way too young. I hope that didn't happen. Gravid means carrying eggs. I would keep a close eye on her.

Do they each have a Repti-Glo? Is it the strip fluorescent? What is the output ex: 5.0, 8.0 or 10.0? What is the distance of it and how old is it?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I merged your 3 threads with the same subject "Depression." Please don't start more than one thread about the same subject.

jstouts

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yea, sorry about that, my pc is real slow, i didn't think it was loading on, so i clicked it a few times.

Rukii

Juvie Member
diamc":3j3m9qse said:
Do they each have a Repti-Glo? Is it the strip fluorescent? What is the output ex: 5.0, 8.0 or 10.0? What is the distance of it and how old is it?
diamc":3j3m9qse said:
jstouts":3j3m9qse said:
I don't know
:?: :?

Can you check please? We need this information to help you.

Is it a coil bulb like this http://tortoiseshack.com/store/images/RZ%20Tropical%2025%20UVB%20Fluorescent%20Bulbs.jpg? Whats the UV output? There should be a number on it. 10.0, 8.0, 5.0, so on. How far away is your dragon from it at its closest spot to the bulb (if that makes any sense), and how old is the bulb? Do they both have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom