Depression in beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I got a 3 y/o rescue mid December.. He had some serious relocation stress. Not only did we move him, I set up a whole new viv (he was in a 20 gal for 3 years!!!!). He finally started eating, but ate to much in too short of time (says my vet), and puked them up whole. He gets a clean bill of health from the vet. He still has stress marks though... Anyway, I usually cuddle with him a couple hours a day, the past couple of days I have been super busy and have only held him for a max of 15 minutes. He had been staring at me with a semi-darkened beard until I hold him. When I pick him up his beard fades and he is all animated again. After all this I guess my question is, can beardies get depressed?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
It sounds to me like you have a shoulder cuddle beardie on your hands.
It's also possible that the heat in his viv isn't warm enough.
Mine are darker in their tank because they are basking and getting warm enough to eat.

misslacie788

Original Poster
It shouldn't be his temps, I use a temp gun I got with my megaray from reptileuv. Maybe he knows he breaks my heart when he does it and he knows I'll pick him up. He does also try to jump up my arm when I try and put him in his viv. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom