depressed/mental beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliotuk

Original Poster
i actually looked up the reptisun 10 by zoo med and it says that it should be placed 20" from the reptile, which seems a lot :S

shes the same today as shes been for months, just miserable looking and lethargic.
well she rarely goes to the toilet, maybe once a week at the most, but then she doesnt eat much anyway so has nothing to pass through.

i should have the new reptisun bulb in a few days so once that is fitted, if thats the only thing that is the problem then will it be long before I notice a change in her behaviour?

minipumpkin

Hatchling Member
they all say up to 20", just means that its how far the uvb can get before the light stops giving off uvb but the further from the bulb the weaker the uvb gets so at 20" there will be little to no uvb.

Hi!

The reptisun is infact a zoomed product. Most petshops do not stock them as it is too expensive. Most pet shop owners do not know as much as they appear to... Unfortunately. You'd think thats one of the places where you can get reliable information. Considering he hasnt eaten for a while, try the Acidophiliz, its available at most petstores and helped get my beardie back on track after a similar ordeal. The bottle looks like this
Acidophiliz.jpg

And is available from http://www.bug-de-lite.com/ (Tracie's page)

Keep him hydrated through baths. He will turn around eventually! Mine took a few months. Like nearly 6...

Best of luck!

elliotuk

Original Poster
BeardedSkitz":8iltd3ch said:
Hi!

The reptisun is infact a zoomed product. Most petshops do not stock them as it is too expensive. Most pet shop owners do not know as much as they appear to... Unfortunately. You'd think thats one of the places where you can get reliable information. Considering he hasnt eaten for a while, try the Acidophiliz, its available at most petstores and helped get my beardie back on track after a similar ordeal. The bottle looks like this
Acidophiliz.jpg

And is available from http://www.bug-de-lite.com/ (Tracie's page)

Keep him hydrated through baths. He will turn around eventually! Mine took a few months. Like nearly 6...

Best of luck!

the shop owner sold me something called reptoboost, he says its like red bull for lizards lol, is that similar to acidophiliz?

the problem is she wont drink water and its impossible to get her to open her gob to syringe anything in....

elliotuk

Original Poster
MissT":3kgph8kg said:
Reptoboost is a pick me up. It is good for hydration and also contains probiotics so would be worth adding to her bath water :D

really u can just mix the powder in the bath water and it will soak in to her skin?

that acidophiliz seems hard to get hold of in the uk i cant find somewhere that sells it, is there something similar you can recommend?

cheers

MissT

BD.org Addict
I order acidophiliz from www.bug-de-lite.com - even though I am UK based, it works out less expensive and Tracie ships it quickly.
I would recommend the reptoboost too though- I have used it numerous times with good results. They can drink the bath water too.

elliotuk

Original Poster
MissT":2v5h2dab said:
I order acidophiliz from http://www.bug-de-lite.com - even though I am UK based, it works out less expensive and Tracie ships it quickly.
I would recommend the reptoboost too though- I have used it numerous times with good results. They can drink the bath water too.

wow that is cheap, just ordered some and P+P was still free even to UK, thanks for that.

i dont know how im gonna get her to drink it though, do you put it in a syringe and then try and get her to open her mouth and stick it in?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Tracie will probably email you re shipping as there is definitely a charge. I usually email her first to check shipping and then just add something extra to my basket to cover it.
It tastes good to them though- I have never had a problem getting my beardies to lck it off their nose.

elliotuk

Original Poster
Roguebaby":3er14mi8 said:
Reptiglo does not have a good uvb spectrum. It's really criminal that they can get away with selling this stuff.

You need to get a reptisun 10 tube to get the proper light. They have them at petmountain.com
I had to change my light from a reptiglo too :|
Good luck

wow i just googled "reptiglo" and "lethargic" and "appetite" and i got loads of pages of people complaining about their beardies getting eye problems, lethargy and loss of appetite from that bulb!

i cant believe that exo terra are getting away with it, not only that but every time buy a basking lamp made by exo terra it breaks within a few weeks. I thought they were meant to be a good manufacturer, i guess not.....

I think my beardies eyes have been damaged cause when u hold a giant locust in front of her eyes she wont notice it for at least 30 seconds. Once i change this reptiglo blub for a reptisun will my beardie's eye sight come back in time? or is the damage permanent?

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Excellent! you are a great beardie care giver, its awesome that you are putting in the time and effort it takes to make things perfect.

Kalyn

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, unfortunately, the Reptiglo 10 products/lights have not really been improved as you can see from the numerous complaints & problems on this forum as well as other forums too.
How is your dragon doing today?
Your acidophiliz is in the mail today.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom