Death Roll?!?! im Freaking out! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicon

Hatchling Member
ok so i had a pretty pig branch that he could move all along and was within 6" from the uvb. he could move around all over wherever he wanted. but it started getting to hot because it was pretty close to the basking light. so i took it out and put a smaller basking spot on it, sorta like a bloulder looking thing. but it was alot farther away from the uvb. and he never really sat on it. sorta just sat on the ground. so today i was sitting and watching him and hes only 8" so keep that in mind and its been like 2-3 days when i switched the parts of the viv out. but anyways i was watching him and he started shaking his head back and forth, no it wasnt a head bob like up and down. it was left to right. and it seemed really un natural. and i know shaking can be a sign of mbd but hes under a reptisun 10.0 and i havent been able to get it under the screen so its sitting ontop of it. and i do believe its getting a little old so im gonna order one asap. but any ideas of what this is? or what i could do to help? i got him from a local petsmart. oh and one other thing i tried to pick him up and he did a real shaky sorta death roll to get out of my hand. idk if that means anything. but i put the other branch in so he could get closer to the uvb so hopefully that helps. any ideas ?

EDIT* could it be that hes shedding? its almost like hes trying to shake off the dead skin. but im going to get a fecal sample done. idk exactly how to keep it fresh though so any help with that would be great. hes in a 10g atm im gonna get a 20g from a friend and the uvb goes along the whole tank. ookkkk so its definately not the shedding... :banghead: i stuck him in water to see if i could help him and he started doing like a death role and like flipping like back flips and he was upside down in the water so i took him out real fast and he rolled out of my hand and was just spazzing out on the floor. im so scared right now i feel like im gonna walk and he will be dead.. :help: :help: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, those types of movements such as the head jerkiness back & forth is indicative of metabolic bone disease. How often do you give calcium?
How old is the Reptisun 10 tube bulb? Remember that screen does filter out at least 25-30% so that really can affect the amount of UVB emissions that he is getting. Can you cut a hole in the screen at all, or try to mount it underneath the screen for better exposure?
He is only 8 inches in length, how old is he?
What types of foods do you feed him?

Tracie

vicon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
the uvb is prob around 6-8 months old, and the dragon i have no idea how old he is but my guess would be 2 or 3 months old? maybe younger. my mom said we would take him to the banfield in the local petsmart but ive heard the reptile area they suck at. i feed him crickets everyday and dust them with calcium. i just found out that i shouldnt dust them every feeding. and i have been doing that. can that hurt them? ive also been dusting the crix with vitamins. Why would he freak out like that when i stuck him in water? he scared the crap out of me. i thought he was gonna die in my hands when i picked him up. i thought ive been doing everything fine. he seemed fine. ive only had him for about 2 1/2 weeks. and he started doing this. my previous one never did anything like this. what should i do to help him? thanks for all ur help. i really dont want to lose him... :cry:

vicon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
his head is super shaky its almost like hes gone crazy. im taking him to the vet tonight at 8

vicon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok so i went to the vet and he has coccidia. so they gave me some some medicine for that. but ive read on here about giving them yogurt to help with that and she told me not to worry about that. any different opinions? and she also told me to get some flavored tums and crush a piece of it up and mix with water to help get a little extra calcium into his system. what are your thoughts on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom