Dead scales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruiser1

98635-2166297376.jpg
I have a 2.5 year old male bearded. I've had him for about 7 months and the whole time I've had him, he's a few dark spots on the underneath side of his tail each about the size of a scale. He has a few more now than when I got him and just a few days ago he had a bigger dark spot on his chin but it looked like he just had poop on his chin. I gave him a bath and started cleaning it off with a toothbrush and realized some wasn't coming off. Maybe I took of a scab? The spot on his chin and the smaller ones on his tail look like missing scales. Also he's very healthy and active. Any ideas on what's wrong and should I be worried?
98635-825119331.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it may be a slight scab ob his chin area, not usually a real problem but you can still put a dab of raw honey on it [ a natural antimicrobial ] Just be sure there are no loose insects anywhere in the tank. The spots on the tail are like dead scales, I had a dragon years ago that had some on her stomach but they never caused a problem. What you can do to be proactive is get some betadine, dilute it with water to look like strong iced tea and dab it over those areas a few times a day. Other than that he should be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom