Dead-looking BD posted in LA craigslist. Lost cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrich

Hi all!

I'm going to pick up the beardy today after 5:30 pm! Thanks to those who offered to cover a little of the upkeep and inevitable vet costs. I'm not ashamed to say that things are a little tight for me right now. I do have a Paypal account under my email ([email protected]). Please, please, please don't send anything if it is the slightest burden on you and yours. Just your support and kind thoughts are more than enough.

-nicole

carmallarm

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nicole, just PMd you about PayPal.

You're really doing an incredible thing here, and I really hope that this little lizard has enough strength left to pull through. I definitely agree that the first order of business should be a warm soak in the bath, just be super careful that the BD doesn't drown (from the picture on craigslist, it didn't look like the BD could even hold up its head). You'll want to pre-warm the new cage before you go to pick up the lizard, and after it's bath, when you put it in its cage, you may want to wrap it in fleece or a towel, or at least lay some down to help it get comfy.

I don't know as much about feeding; maybe others on this forum could make some suggestions. I think maybe baby food through a syringe with some vitamin supplements mixed in, or perhaps a vet could give it an injection of liquid under the skin to help perk it up. Try to get this lizard to a vet as soon as you can; I'm sure it has parasites among all the other inevitable health problems.

MBrian

Juvie Member
Decided i would jump over to this post since it seems like it will be the updated one, Pasadena isnt to far from where i live(whittier) theres a place by my house in La Habra and if your budget tight id be able to get u 500 crickets for $15 cheaper then any site online you would just have to let me know so i can tell him your situation with the rescue and have him pre-order for you would also have to be willing to drive, thought id let you know incase its any help.Good luck with the Beardy!

nrich

thanks so much. I think I'll be ok for feeders for a while. I've got a pretty big dubia colony right now. I was going to get some silkworms for Mal before it got too hot to ship. I think I'll double my order.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
DANG IT!!! I told myself I wasn't going to look at the pic on CraigsList and I did anyway. She reminds me of Dude when I rescued him. He had no UVBs for at least a year and a half and he was exactly that same gray color :angry5: I paid $100 for him only because I didn't want the lady who used to own him any reason not to hand him over. After only three months of proper lighting, he is soooo much better, but he has a heck of a time shedding... He has so many crappy scales that I hope he eventually gets rid of it all.

Nicole - you are a saint for saving her. I hope she doesn't have anything seriously wrong with her and that proper care will be all that she needs. However, if she does not (and I was scared to death the first month I had Dude even though the vet said he was fine) it will be awesome that she will at least know what it's like to be loved.

And we of course are behind you 110%.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I got another email from Veronica which I'll share here so please contact her if you need any help at all. She may even chip in with some supplies to help out. Please update us when you can. Thanks SO much for doing this. :p

I’m so relieved to hear that someone is going to get her. I’m glad you gave the new owner my email. I’m looking forward to helping them where ever they need help. Thanks for keeping me updated Diane. Have a wonderful day!!!

Hugs & head bobs,
Veronica
http://www.BeautifulDragons.com Reptile Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom