Dead-looking BD posted in LA craigslist. Lost cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmallarm

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nicole, thank you so much for coming forward! It's amazing how the BD network can reach so many people. If you do go to rescue this BD, please take someone else with you, preferably a well-muscled man, and make sure to let someone else know where you're going, just in case this guy is as shady as he sounds. In actuality, he'll probably just be glad to get rid of the lizard, but it never hurts to play on the safe side.

Here's an exotics vet near LA (found it listed on Google maps):

Avian & Exotic Animal Hospital of L a County
4871 W Rosecrans Ave
Hawthorne, CA 90250-6613
(310) 679-0693
net4pet.com

nrich

Jasper's Mom":fc27c said:
Nicole, you are an angel.

My grandmother calls that being a pushover. :lol: It looks like I'm going to be picking her up either Thursday or Friday. I'm going to bring my friend along for support (and to keep me from cussing this guy out for being such an incredible insert-bad-word-here for letting his pet get this bad).

Pleaides

Juvie Member
omg i soo love this site! what an amazing thing to do. i really hope she pulls through all this and thrives for both your sakes.
will be standing by for updates and and pictures of course!
wishing you all the luck in the world from me and my lil clan!
cant wait til thursday or friday now...hmm hopefully thursday, its closer...

Rachella

Juvie Member
:lurk:

:blob8: *pops outta lurk!* :blob5:

Hurrah! I'm so glad to see someone got this poor little guy/girl! You are awesome for doing this! Please let us know how things go and keep us updated! :blob8: :blob5:

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I am so glad that you are getting this beardie.
Wishing you the best of luck, and keep us updated!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
nrich":276f7 said:
He asked for $50. I'm doing it. I'll keep you all updated.
Oh that's great. :blob8: :blob5: Hope you can get him/her in time.

I heard back from Veronica from Beautifuldragons, so I'm sure she would be willing to help you in any way possible. So, there's lots of people pulling for this beardie. Here's her response.
Diane,
Thank you for the heads up on the rescue. I just emailed the Craigslist poster and told them about our rescue, which is in Oregon. They would have to be willing to ship her, if she’s in good enough condition for that, and pay shipping costs, or most of them. I just don’t see that happening. But I gave it my best shot. I hope someone who lives closer can go and get her. Ugh, seeing cases like this makes me sick. She doesn’t look well at all. Poor thing.

Well, I hope you have a good day. Please let me know if there is anything more I can do. And thanks again for thinking of us!

Hugs & head bobs,
Veronica
http://www.BeautifulDragons.com Reptile Rescue
Here's Veronica's email if you want to contact her. [email protected]

carmallarm

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nicole; do you have PayPal? If so, you can go ahead and send me an invoice for $50. Hopefully, this will help to cover the cost of the new 20-gallon and/or veterinary care. Please let us know when you're going to pick up this BD! We're all waiting on pins and needles here! :blob5:

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
zebraflavencs":0b01a said:
Amen to that, Denise ! Amen !
Janie.
I'd loan you a cast iron pan, but I think Lance and I are making a trip out to cali with them ;) ninja style :D

LOL :lol: Well I would rescue him but he is just to dam far!!!!

SarahUK

I too have been lurking on this thread as i couldnt trust myself to stay calm after seeing the pic on craigslist :angry5: it's awful looking at it and knowing there's nothing i can do to help (i live in the uk :banghead: )
Anyway i had to post and say thank you to Nicole for rescuing the poor little thing! :notworthy: im sure i dont need to say this, but keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom