Darwin

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Little guy was putting down a lake. It wasn't normal. He would lose up to 30g per poop. Fingers crossed it wasn't a one off dry poop but looking good so far

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well, that's definitely not normal. So really glad the meds are working for him and hoping the poops continue the way they were today. Mine always have a bit of liquid, but not a lake, poor Darwin.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
He finished his meds yesterday. His poops are still pretty broken up and have a lot of excess water but don't stink as much as they did. Urate is nice and white so that's encouraging. Will keep up with the Acidophiliz+ and see how things go over the next week or so then bring him back for a follow up with the vet and see where things stand.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sounds good, might need another round, he's probably had them quite awhile. But still encouraging at how his poops have changed.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Started the Ronidazole again after a follow up vet visit showed the flagellates were still well entrenched. Upped the dosage to .4ml daily to better reflect his new weight (428g today). Also started with a Panacur treatment alongside it. Will go for another 10 days on the Ronidazole and check back with the vet after that. His spirits are good and his appetite is still incredible. Still working on getting him more comfortable outside. He can handle 15 min stretches or so before he starts to get spooked. Will keep that to baby steps. Bad news is that I've started seeing lightning bugs already so I'll need to be extra vigilant.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's too bad that the flagellates were still present. They must've took over his insides, huh?
Hope the combo of Ronidazole and Panacur will get rid of those buggers once and for all.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yikes, lightning bugs, fatal to dragons so for sure you`ll have to be vigilant with him. Sorry to hear the bugs are still with him, hopefully the double treatment gets rid of them once and for all.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Darwin in between the blinds is so cute! I'd agree that he's trying to tell you that he wants more outside time.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
He was out in his playpen for quite a while. He gets really timid and defensive when he's actually outside though. I think he likes the idea of outside while he's in the window more than he likes actual outside. I'll continue to bring him out for short periods though. He seems to like basking for a while but if anything moves overhead he gets scared and it's time to go in.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Outside time takes a long time to get used to; some never do, unfortunately.
Short spurts, and you sitting right by him for moral support, will help him get used to the scary outdoors.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. It's ultimately up to him though. If it winds up causing too much stress then he'll just be an indoor dragon. That's OK with me. I'll let him dictate what he needs but I want him to at least try it. Coop and Dundee LOVED roaming around outside so his reactions are new to me.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom